Author Topic: Dixie Darlin - Summer Fun Girl – June ’06 Champion  (Read 8581 times)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Dixie Darlin - Summer Fun Girl – June ’06 Champion
« on: June 18, 2006, 08:37:35 pm »
Dixie Darlin - Summer Fun Girl – June ’06 Champion

Breed of Dog: Great Pyrenees

Birthdate & current age of dog : DOB 01/01/05, Dixie is 1 ½ years old.

Explanation of how you chose the winning outfit: Dixie has on a swimsuit of Mommies. It is from when I would put on a two piece suit.  Dixie did eat the strap off of one swimsuit while taking our photos.  I guess that will teach me to put her is a one piece suit. She does love to show off that cute tummy of hers.

Best/Worst traits of your dog:

Dixie best trait is her ability to make me laugh all the time.  I love to watch her run she does it with such total joy.  She can play for hours on end and never get enough.  She has is now slowing down enough to let me love on her. 

Her worst trait is how much she likes to beat up Sugar Bear, even when he wants to sleep.

Best Liked/Least Liked food/treat of your dog: 
Dixie will only take a treat if she does not have anything better to do.  She does love bully sticks, and wants Sugar Bears after she is finished.  Every night when she gets in bed she gets four popcorns or animal crackers. 

Favorite Toy:
 Her favorite toy is anything that Sugar Bear has or wants. She has an orange bouncy ball that she loves to catch.  Sometimes she will even bounce it for herself by dropping it out of her mouth. Tug of war with Sugar Bear is fun because she wins every times.

Favorite place to hang out in the house:
Dixie likes to hang out under the computer table. At work she loves to take naps in the shower, under the desk, or on top of Sugar Bear in his crate.  She likes to move to the entry door when it is about time for the UPS pickup.  I think she has a crush on our UPS man.

Best friend (dog friend) and why:
Her best friend is Sugar Bear, since she has to spend 24/7 with him.

Favorite memory with this dog:  This is an easy one. After we picked her up at the airport, she licked my ear all the way home.  That night I put her in her room with Sugar Bear.  I did not want her to use the doggy door and go outside during the night so I put her in the play pen we built for Sugar Bear.  I go into the kitchen to get them some cheese for night time treat.  Before I could even get the cheese she has jumped out of the play-pen and is at my feet.  This playpen has sides that are about 30” tall. So we are going to be so smart for the night and staple chicken wire over the top so that see will stay in the play pen in their room.  Well during the night she got out between the two pieces of chicken wire and was playing with Sugar Bear in their room.   After that I had to just chill out and understand Dixie is going to go where Dixie wants to go. 

Lisa

I changed the date to the correct year, and added a photo of Dixie in the playpen she jumped out of the first day home.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 08:48:15 pm by DixieSugarBear »
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

doggylover

Re: Dixie Darlin - Summer Fun Girl – June ’05 Champion
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 08:40:20 pm »
OK UM I don't smoke crack, so I am hoping I'm right and it is 2006 and not 2005?  Did I add a year somewhere?  In 2000 I was writing a check and my brain must have been shut off cause I put 1990 in the date line...the check cleared! LOL

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 08:44:34 pm »
Yes the year should be 2006, boy has it been a long day! :-[

doggylover

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 08:48:41 pm »
Yes the year should be 2006, boy has it been a long day! :-[
LOL I figured...
BTW, Badger was curious who the female winner in the competition was, so I showed him the pics of Dixie in her swimsuit (he REALLY liked the one without the bikini top).  He was wondering if maybe, since they won the competition together, you might be willing to arrange a 'play date' for the two of them. 
He thinks she is pretty smokin hot in her outfit, but he totally assured me that he would be the perfect gentleman.
 ;)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Dixie Darlin - Summer Fun Girl – June ’06 Champion
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 08:54:17 pm »
Ok, a play date it is but I do have to be with her after all she in only 1 1/2. I will not let her date alone until she is 18 ::) Now if I can just make her be a lady and not a wild thing!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 08:54:46 pm by DixieSugarBear »

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 09:19:25 pm »
That pic of Dixie in the playpen is priceless!...How old was she there?...Sam & Pippin think she is a hottie in that barely there bikini too & said they'll fight Badger for her...We really can't trust Pippin but Samson is a Pyrfect gent! :D

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 09:26:15 pm »
Dixie was 12 weeks in that photo. I knew I was going to have a wild child that very first day.

I am not sure we can trust Dixie ::) When she is out she is such a sweet little lady, but at home she is my wild girl. Her big thing now is to run into trees if they have a birds nest so she can make a little "toy" bird fall out. She has done this about 4 times now. She will walk around holding them in her mouth and not let Sugar Bear get to them. I think she is telling me she needs something to guard.

Lisa
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 09:54:56 am by DixieSugarBear »

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 09:34:56 pm »
I would highly recommend pygmy goats for Dixie to gaurd...uuuuuu ummmmmmmmm let me know how they work out so I can see if I want any. :D

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 09:37:32 pm »
Congratulation s Dixie!  You are one hot babe! :D
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

cricket36580

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 06:29:23 am »
I can help with the goat thing.  I'll bring them over today....  ;D

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 06:38:11 am »
LOL cricket, you really want me over the edge dont you!

cricket36580

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 07:58:50 am »
Awww...Come one.  It'll be fun!  Rimfire will teach her a few things too!

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 08:15:54 am »
He big thing now is to run into trees if they have a birds nest so she can make a little "toy" bird fall out. She has done this about 4 times now. She will walk around holding them in her mouth and not let Sugar Bear get to them. I think she is telling me she needs something to guard.

Lisa

She sure is a hottie!  What a monkey though!  Poor little birds!  Katie too has discovered that the young birds aren't great fliers.  She'll wait for them and nab them right out of the air! :o
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 08:16:34 am by longshadowfarms »
Daphne