Author Topic: Pensacola July 1st  (Read 42859 times)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Pensacola July 1st
« on: June 20, 2006, 08:17:34 am »
I've heard about the meet that's suppose to be in P'cola on the 1st.  Can anyone give me any info?  I've looked on the boards and I can't find anything!  This site is addicting by the way, I feel like I have to read it all!!  When I figute out how to add pics (not to savvy at this) I will.  Thanks!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

SA_horses

Re: Pensacola July 1st
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 08:42:42 am »
The information is in this thread: http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,10564.39.html

Scroll down to reply #39.

Also, as far as pictures, you need to click on additional options (below in the box in which you type when posting a message), and click on the browse button.  A small window will open in which you can select the file to be attached from the folders on your computer.  Make sure that the picture(s) are smaller than the 40,000 KB limit (which is 40 megabytes I think?).  If you would like to attach more than one, just click on "more attachments" until you have one box for each picture.

I think that there is an FAQ somewhere or other on here that concisely explains how to attach pictures and post an avatar (the picture next to your name).

You might also want to private message Melissakins, as I think she is organizing it, or another person who is going, if you need more information.

Sofia

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 08:48:05 am »
Thanks so much!!  I think the guy I saw in my neighborhood was Tom his danes are Chance and Festus?
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 11:07:28 pm »
I think we need to start deciding where to meet and what time.  I would think that 8am would be a good time, so it won't be hot like you said before.
I know that some of us are in Mobile and some are in Baldwin County (maybe more out there elsewhere also).  Where would a good place be?
Did Brandon's post also have directions?  We wouldn't want anyone to get lost!
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 08:02:57 am »
BTW, who all is going? Can we get a headcount? That way we can PM or direct information to thems of you that's going :)

Count me in! 

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 08:29:34 am »
I definitely want to go!  My rescue Boxer needs socialization!  She's great with other dogs, very shy with other people, but not aggresive.  So any chance I get!!  My names Heatherton by the way I live in midtown, Mobile.

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 08:49:28 am »
Here's my thoughts.. add to them or tell me what you think:
We meet at the park @ 8-8:30, spend a few hours letting the dogs romp & play, and then say 10:30-11'ish we head over to "Central Bark Bakery".  It is a new gourmet dog shop in Pensacola. It is located on 403 South Palafox.

We can also meet @ the Wilcox Exit on I-10 and caravan if anyone wants to do that.

A little article on Central Bark Bakery

These are 2 maps of the location:
MAP 1
MAP 2

Directions to the park:
 - Take I-10 East Toward Pensacola
 - Take Exit #12 onti I-110 South toward Pensacola BCH (5.5 miles)
 - Take Exit #2 / US-90 Toward Cervantes ST (You will be traveling West( Go approx 2 miles)
 - Turn Left on N 19th Avenue (Go approx 1/2 mile)
 - Turn Right on E. Lee St (East Lee Dead ends on N. 20th)
 - Turn Right and you will see the park on your left.
 - As you head to the parking area,The dog park we are meeting at is on your right it is the beach area park.

Map from Mobile, AL
Map from North Baldwin County, AL
Map from South Baldwin County, AL

Ideas for stuff to bring:
Towels, Treats, leashes, shampoo/conditioner, brush/comb, sunscreen (for humans), water is available for dogs at the park ,snacks/drinks for yourself

Dog Park Links
City of Pensacola Official Link (With Park Rules)
Pensacola Dog Owners Association Info page
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 09:02:15 am by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 09:07:10 am »
I am definatley going with Baxter if he feels better and winston.  I would take bell but she is in heat. 
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

cricket36580

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 09:15:09 am »
T-shirts are being done at cost.  If you haven't already sent me pics, size and color preference, please do so asap.  I figure they're to be around $10ish.  I haven't gotten the shirts yet but am hot on the trail.  Everyone that has sent me pics, your transfers are already finished so I just need to get the shirts and get them to you. 

Of course, I'm coming with the danes.  All 3 if Mozart is still here.  I think the day will be too much for Baloo.  If it were winter he could go.  I'm taking him out this weekend for a short, quiet jaunt all his own.

I can't wait to see everyone.  I've also invited several other people in the area and I hope they show up both here on the board and at the excursion.

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 09:47:42 am »
Ok, just a thought, but do you think we should meet even earlier, I was looking at what the temps are like in Pensacola.   It is really really darned hot. It looks like by 10am it is already 90.  There is the water there, so Maybe I am being an overprotective parent.  The park hours are 6am-9pm BTW.

This is yesterday in Navarre, but I imagine it is pretty close to the same (Click image for larger view):
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 09:51:41 am by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

cricket36580

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 12:55:46 pm »
I've got 4 people in my family.  ;D  But we'll see.  If Cara has her way, he'll be on plane tomorrow.

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 02:48:51 pm »
I definitely want to go!  My rescue Boxer needs socialization!  She's great with other dogs, very shy with other people, but not aggresive.  So any chance I get!!  My names Heatherton by the way I live in midtown, Mobile.

Hi, I'm in midtown also.  South Carlen St.  How about you?

Brandon, I'm fine with going earlier.  I agree, it is soooo hot!

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 08:04:24 am »
Yea i am alright with going earlier too
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 08:27:11 am »
[

Hi, I'm in midtown also. South Carlen St. How about you?

I live on Brown street, behing the Krispy Kreme!!

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 10:20:47 am »
Is anyone opposed or would not be able to make it if we did it earlier?
  I know I am not a morning person, and Melissa is definetly not on Saturdays :)  But we can grab our joe & pups and be able to get the pretty early.