Author Topic: I am crying...what my vet did ( :  (Read 5202 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

I am crying...what my vet did ( :
« on: June 24, 2006, 11:46:01 am »
Today we recieved a big envelope in the mail with my vets return address...I'm like hhhhhhhmmmmmmm mmmmm...What could this be?...Then I got a horrible thought..."This better not be Rosie's ashes"!!!...It wasn't...It was a sympathy card which didn't suprise me but also, wrapped in a bunch of paper towels, was a plaster of paris plaque with Rosie's pawprint in it & her name etched below :'( :'( :)....I had no idea they'd do that & you all have no idea how much it mean to me to have it!...This is so awesome!...Have I mentioned before that I just LOVE my vet & the staff there? :)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
Re: I am crying...what my vet did ( :
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 11:49:50 am »
That is so sweet and thoughtful! (Goes to get kleenex) :'(
Daphne

doggylover

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 11:51:51 am »
I've never heard of a vet doing anything like that.  Wow, I would definately keep that vet!  They must understand how painful this was for you...still that was wonderful!
 :)

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 11:55:39 am »
Such a sweet and caring gesture. That is one truely caring Vet.I would definately stay with that Vet.  The last Vet I worked for seemed like she was in it for the money it was sickening.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 12:00:42 pm »
Such a sweet and caring gesture. That is one truely caring Vet.I would definately stay with that Vet.  The last Vet I worked for seemed like she was in it for the money it was sickening.
That's another reason that I love this vet so much...They go out of their way to save me money!...If there is a product I can buy over the counter that will work for a problem with one of the critters they will tell me so I can save $...They also help me over the phone when they can & the vet always calls back in a timely manner...When I have a problem that I know what I need they just let me come & pick it up rather than bring the animal in...Like when Sam & Pippin fought & I wanted to get antibiotics & Rimadyl I just called & went to pick it up instead of having the dogs seen...They tell me there that they know I will bring them if they need to be seen...Lastly, once I needed more antibiotic & couldn't get there in time before they closed, they left the meds in a milkbox they keep outside & billed me...I love them!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 01:25:02 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 12:04:54 pm »
I love vets like that.  I have been really lucky that my last two vets have been the same way.  The vet is definitely a keeper.

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 05:29:49 pm »
Gypsy you are lucky to have a vet who cares about you and your puppers like that  :)
RIP former BPO

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 06:58:49 pm »
OMG That is sooooo nice! I received a sympathy card from my vet with a beautiful note when we had to put Sadie down and I was bawling, so I can only immagine the tears you must have shed when you saw that!!!! You are lucky to have such a great Vet.
Carole

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 08:00:34 pm »
I was scared to read this thread at first. I thought something horrible happened, but I can't imagine how wonderful that must be for you. What a heartfelt keepsake. You need to bake them some cookies!

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline MafiaPrincess

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 08:34:16 pm »
Wow that's really beautiful and caring.  Makes me a little teary too..
~I'm changing my naughty ways to naughtier ones~

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 11:58:37 am »
That is so sweet!  I had a similar experience when I had to put my kitty Salem to sleep.  The vet clipped a lock of her long hair and tied it with a ribbon and mailed it to me in a sympathy card. 

I bawled my brains out, but was so touched.
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 05:01:09 pm »
That's so sweet, I'm crying with you! When I put Kerry down the staff at Tufts all sent individual cards to me with their favorite memories of him. It was such a nice feeling. Your vet's definitely a keeper darlin' :)
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 07:33:13 pm »
I thought it was so thoughtful too!...I definitly am keeping my vet!...We've been seeing them for about 4 yrs now & I am very satisfied with them. :)

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2006, 07:36:22 pm »
What a kind and thoughtful thing to do!  You have a great vet.  :) How sweet!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2006, 07:41:26 am »
That's another reason that I love this vet so much...They go out of their way to save me money!...If there is a product I can buy over the counter that will work for a problem with one of the critters they will tell me so I can save $...They also help me over the phone when they can & the vet always calls back in a timely manner...When I have a problem that I know what I need they just let me come & pick it up rather than bring the animal in...Like when Sam & Pippin fought & I wanted to get antibiotics & Rimadyl I just called & went to pick it up instead of having the dogs seen...They tell me there that they know I will bring them if they need to be seen...Lastly, once I needed more antibiotic & couldn't get there in time before they closed, they left the meds in a milkbox they keep outside & billed me...I love them!

wow - can your vet recommend a vet in Atlanta? I am so in need of a caring, compassionate vet! Seriously.

p.s. That is so awesome what she did for you and Rosie - that kind of thoughtfulness and caring is so heart warming!