Author Topic: BPO business cards - What do you think?  (Read 3109 times)

kristi

BPO business cards - What do you think?
« on: June 27, 2006, 05:39:06 pm »
Quote from: Softhug on June 27, 2006, 01:14:10 PM
...I am never early enough going to work the days I see them to be able to stop and tell her about BPO.  ARGH!  Do you think she would think I was a nut if I DID stop one day?
(this is precisely why we need BPO business cards...) 

IMO...
I think Michael should make a template (or format something) that we could download. We could print them ourselves on those business cards that you can get at the office supply store. This way whoever wants to hand them out would be responsible for their own printing, etc.
There have been many times that I have seen big paws & wanted to tell their owners about BPO... But I didn't have time or was afraid they would think I was nuts, etc. It would be easy to walk up to someone & hand them a BPO card!
What do you think?
-k.

DakotaMom

Re: BPO business cards - What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 06:32:14 pm »
I'm with you Kristi. I do this with the cards for the Leonberger Club of America. On the back of the card I have added my email, phone number and the address to my webshots page. I just printed up some new ones last week and added the BPO address with all of the other information.

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 07:28:00 am »
I WOULD LOVE THAT!!!   ;D 
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 09:29:16 am »
Hi,

Michael and Jamie are swamped managing this site,moving and getting setteled. We BPOers can can design some cards of our own. They don't have to be anything "Official". Design a logo, and add the web address. Hand them out when needed. We really don't need uniformity just something to get the web link out!!

I mean this in a nice way. Come on BPOers we can do some of our own cards, post what we make and have a pole to pick a winner then we can pass them out. Michael and Jamie are great but they can't do everything for us!!

Rich
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 09:42:57 am »
I don't individuals would have a problem doing business cards, but didn't want to step on Michael/Jamie's toes.  I think it would be a GREAT contest!  Then the winner's card could be made downloadable!!  That in itself could be the prize!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 09:45:18 am by Softhug »
"That's the problem."

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 09:57:42 am »
I don't individuals would have a problem doing business cards, but didn't want to step on Michael/Jamie's toes.  I think it would be a GREAT contest!  Then the winner's card could be made downloadable!!  That in itself could be the prize!

That's a GREAT idea, Softhug!
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline Magnus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 12:04:19 pm »
That would be great. I usually bring a pen and scrap paper to the dog park and just hand that out. Cards would be nice and easier.
StanLee- American Mastiff
Julie- Rottie
Steve- Pug/Jack Russel
Neeko- My old rottie friend waiting at the bridge

kristi

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 12:26:58 pm »

I agree - I don't mind doing it either.
I was told that BPO, the logo, etc. were copywrighted, so I just didn't want to create any problems! :-[
I would be more than happy to try to put a sample or something together for you all to look at... ;)
-k.
ps. I'm always open to suggestions!

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 12:30:58 pm »
Hi,

What a relief  :P when I went back and looked at the post I thought I was coming off as complaining.  :-\ When I rally wanted to give the pitch in and help feeling. Glad you all could see me desire in my poor written construction above  ;D
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 02:23:56 pm »
Hey guys, just saw this post in my rss feed and thought I would help you out. First, my appologies for my own activity levels... it's been a long couple of months and the crunch never seems to end. However, we are starting to see some light and this weekend should be the end of our migration to So Cal xhopefullyx. Anyway, just a heads up all logos etc on the site are free to use. If you need more originals i.e. vector formats etc, let us know and we'll provide. Again, my appologies, and for Jaime and Bear too.

hit us up at info@bigpawsonly.com for specific files and format and have fun! tx.

Michael

kristi

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 02:49:16 pm »
Sounds great!
I'll email Bear & get a copy of hte BPO logo...
I'll start on the "project" after dinner!
Suggestions?
-k.

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 02:54:51 pm »
I think we should make it a game!  Maybe take the first 20 "business cards" to be turned in and then do a poll to vote on the winner? 
"That's the problem."