Author Topic: Pictures of our foster kids!!  (Read 6777 times)

Offline Rottie Mom

• Gnawer
  • Rescue A Rottie ... You Are Our Only Hope.
    • View Profile
    • Vom Blue Rottweiler and Large Breed Rescue
Pictures of our foster kids!!
« on: June 07, 2005, 01:40:39 pm »
I'm sitting here waiting for a friend to bring back my steam cleaner so I can clean the carpets and the car and thought I would share some of the pictures of my foster babies. Most are Rottie and Rottie Mixes.

This is Kayden, a 8 week old Rottie pup that was found in a corn field

This is Zeus, a 7 month old Rottie that was an owner surrender

This is Tinka, a 1 year old Rottie that was rescued from the shelter .... not sure about her history

Here's Macey, a 6 week old Rottie pup that was an owner surrender

More to come ....

nickerbokker

Re: Pictures of our foster kids!!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 01:43:35 pm »
ugh....if i had a house i would fly them all out to live with me.

you are breaking my heart!

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 01:44:54 pm »
What a great foster Mmmy you are. The pictures are great. Beautifull happy pups.
Thanks for sharing.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline Rottie Mom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 01:47:07 pm »
Reese, Rayn and Ruby ... 6 week old Rottie pups rescued from the shelter

Here's Riddick, he is a 10 month old Rottie saved from a puppy mill .... we were told that if someone didn't come get them they were going to shoot them (he came with Diesel)

Here's Diesel, 10 month old Rottie saved from a puppy mill ( he came with Riddick)

This is Loretta, she is a 2 year old Rottie that was saved from a shelter

More To Come ....

Offline Rottie Mom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 01:53:53 pm »
Snickers and Cookie, 8 week old Bullmastiff puppies, owner surrenders

May, 8 weeks old Newfie ..... owner surrender

Rage, 12 week old Bullmastiff/Pitbull Mix .... owner surrender

I could go on forever .... they just seem to be endless. I hadn't realised how many there were  :-[ . All these beaytiful babies have found forever homes (thank god or you wouldn't be able to move in my house  :D)

Offline Rottie Mom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 02:14:42 pm »
It's really tough sometimes .... there have been a few that I didn't want to let go but I just have to keep reminding myself that if I don't let them go I can't take in anymore that need help. As far as anyone being good enough .... the new adopters have to work really hard to win us over. They may look great on paper but if we don't like them when we talk to them on the phone or meet them in person .... and of corse the way they interact with the dog/puppy ..... then they leave empty handed.

They become one of OUR babies as soon as the pup walks into our house and they are evaluated and treated for their personal needs (most have been abused or neglected :( before they come to us and need special attention in differant areas). They get baths and are exposed to differant situations (kids, other dogs, cats, cars, etc...), then they are fully vetted, and SPOILED ROTTEN!!! So .... there really aren't many homes that are "good enough" for them as far as I'm concerned. Even after they have been adopted we continue to be a pest and e-mail every couple of months begging for pics and updates ::) ... we figure we wouldn't be doing our job if we didn't make sure that they were living the best life possible.

Offline Rottie Mom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 02:19:00 pm »
BTW .... anybody interested can check out our rescue video ..... it's supposed to aired on TV  ;D

http://www.rottie46102.com/vb.exe

Or   http://rottluvr303.tripod.com/id14.html
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 02:24:04 pm by Rottie Mom »

nickerbokker

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 02:28:14 pm »
i am so glad the world of dogs, and more specifically rotties, has you on their side!  you are wonderful people!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 02:33:04 pm »
RottieMom - I am soooo glad that there are people like you in this world.  How can someone just abandon these dogs???  I just don't get it!!!  It really makes me want to cry.

You are doing a wonderful, wonderful thing!

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 06:03:38 pm »
Thank you so much RottieMom!  What you are doing is the most fabulous thing ever!  Now, all we need is someone to hunt down the "people" who abuse these sweet little creatures!
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline Rottie Mom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 11:38:38 pm »
Thank you for the thank yous but there are not necessary ;) ... that's not why I came here and it's not why I posted the pics  :P ..... I have millions of pictures and there is no reason to keep them all if I don't get to show them off  ;D So .... be prepared to be swamped with pics randomly  :P If anybody wants to know the story behind one of the pics I will be happy to share ... they each have their own and most are very sad but they all have happy endings!!!

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2005, 05:41:00 pm »
Thank you for the thank yous but there are not necessary ;) ... that's not why I came here and it's not why I posted the pics  :P ..... I have millions of pictures and there is no reason to keep them all if I don't get to show them off  ;D So .... be prepared to be swamped with pics randomly  :P If anybody wants to know the story behind one of the pics I will be happy to share ... they each have their own and most are very sad but they all have happy endings!!!

I do not feel that you've posted the photos to receive the praise.  I don't think that way.  I think you really love what you are doing and feel very fulfilled due to your connection with each of these little lives that you see turn from doom to success.  I really empathize with you, though, regarding the process of finding a loving and trustworthy home for these sweethearts.  It is so challenging also because there are so many people who have bad intentions (or ignorance) surrounding their "wanting" to have breeds such as rottweilers.  I think I would be too neurotic to give them up, so you are a real hero with a generous heart...so don't be humble!  :)
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner