Author Topic: Pippin...these pics say it all!  (Read 4440 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Pippin...these pics say it all!
« on: July 03, 2006, 12:56:11 am »
So, I am watching my son, nephew & Pippin interacting tonight...Like I told Pippin's breeder (Jackie...a.k.a . Tanimara) "I thought Pyrs were supposed to be aloof & not clingy"..lol!...I am SO not complaining!...Is it just me or have you never seen anything so heartwarming? :)

Yaz

Re: Pippin...these pics say it all!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 06:24:50 am »
So very nice! Your nephews and pup are all so photogenic.

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 06:27:14 am »
Those are such great photos!  Thanks for sharing them with us.
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 06:42:26 am »
Pippin is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 06:42:55 am by DixieSugarBear »
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 06:48:15 am »
Awww what a snuggle boy Pippin is. :-*
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 09:03:58 am »
So very nice! Your nephews and pup are all so photogenic.
Thanks guys!...It really makes me smile to see the kids with my dogs!...B.t.w., That's my son & Nephew...My Nephew is in the blue & red shirt...He has practically lived here for the past 2 weeks though. :)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 09:38:10 am »
Those pics are SO SWEET!!!!!  What a love Pippin is!  Looks like everyone is having a blast. 
Daphne

DakotaMom

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 09:44:24 am »
Pippin looks very cozy with the boys.

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 10:49:03 am »
A little story about Pippin that Todd just remined me of.  When Pippin was real small, he was very stand offish and aloof.  We named the pups after the Lord of the Rings characters and in the beginning Pippin's name was Aragorn as he seemed to be the most "responsible" of the bunch.  He challenged the coyotes at 3 am each night and let them know he was guarding these goats (of course he had my big male Beluga to back up his bragging...lol).  Then all of a sudden we saw a major pyrsonality change in him which is rare to see in pups that young.  He went from the serious guardian to wanting to play and be held by us.  Just overnight... litterally.  We were amazed and figured it was a fluke.  But as he grew older he became more of a people dog even though he loved to guard.  I think he just could not make up his mind...lol  So we (or should I say Todd) changed his name from Aragorn to Pippin because it suited his pyrsonality so much better than Aragorn. And believe me.. if you've ever watched Lord of the Rings then you will understand why Pippin fits him so much better.  He's a clown, loyal to a fault, and not afraid of squat!....LOL

Thanks Michelle, I needed this.  I just heard from a friend of mine in Canada and she just lost her Champion Male.  I've been in tears all morning over that one.  And seeing Pippin in all his glory this am makes me feel more like smiling.

Jackie
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 11:36:08 am »
A little story about Pippin that Todd just remined me of.  When Pippin was real small, he was very stand offish and aloof.  We named the pups after the Lord of the Rings characters and in the beginning Pippin's name was Aragorn as he seemed to be the most "responsible" of the bunch.  He challenged the coyotes at 3 am each night and let them know he was guarding these goats (of course he had my big male Beluga to back up his bragging...lol).  Then all of a sudden we saw a major pyrsonality change in him which is rare to see in pups that young.  He went from the serious guardian to wanting to play and be held by us.  Just overnight... litterally.  We were amazed and figured it was a fluke.  But as he grew older he became more of a people dog even though he loved to guard.  I think he just could not make up his mind...lol  So we (or should I say Todd) changed his name from Aragorn to Pippin because it suited his pyrsonality so much better than Aragorn. And believe me.. if you've ever watched Lord of the Rings then you will understand why Pippin fits him so much better.  He's a clown, loyal to a fault, and not afraid of squat!....LOL

Thanks Michelle, I needed this.  I just heard from a friend of mine in Canada and she just lost her Champion Male.  I've been in tears all morning over that one.  And seeing Pippin in all his glory this am makes me feel more like smiling.

Jackie
Jackie, ya' know what's funny...When Pippin is in the yard on gaurd he is all business!...I think he would ahve made na awesome true gaurdian but he can go from stern & imposing to goofy & playful just like that!...I can believe Pippin was first Aragorn...He is very serious when it's time to be serious...I can absolutly see that in him....Just the other day when the neighbors Irish Setters were here it was very evident...I guess I get the best of both worlds in Pippin & there was a reason he "changed" as a pup...My Pipper McGee was most certainly meant to be with us...Ty Jackie!

I am sorry to hear about your friend's dog...I will send a prayer up...She must be devestated. :'(

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 08:54:50 pm »
cute :)
RIP former BPO