Author Topic: Holy blown coat Batman!!...or one reason a Pyr isn't for everyone ( :  (Read 7276 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: Holy blown coat Batman!!...or one reason a Pyr isn't for everyone ( :
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2006, 02:05:27 am »
Hi all,I have a suggestion for shedding that worked for me when I used to raise Collies,I have never tried it on a Pyre
but it seems to work well on heavy undercoats when it's time to blow coat.It's worth a try anyway.
This is what I used to do.
1st I'd line them up for a bath,once they have a bath I got my secret weapon.

Before hand I would go to a dollar stor or Kmart or where ever and buy the sheapest creame rinse or conditioner by the gallon.

After the bath part,I would soak them in the rinse or conditioner,and I do mean soak from nose to end of tail.Then the fun part starts, turn them loose,some pouted,and just stood there but most would run and roll and scrape on anything avaiable.

After about 20 to 30 minutes I usually had some very dirty dogs all haveing a good time.Line them up again and one by one,with the power nozzle on the hose wash all the gupey out of them.THIS PART IS VERY IMPORTANT  DON'T LEAVE ANY IN THEIR COAT,IT COULD CAUSE THEM TO ITCH.

Once that is done,the rollers got tied up in a clean area the rest got turned loose and once they started drying I had snow in my yard from undercoat flying in the air.

Then it was up on the table to get dired the rest of the way and a good brushing and combing and I had naked dogs under their top coat.

I rarely had to do this more than once during that time of year.

Of course the yard looked like it snowed in the summer,but very soon the birds in the area had all new bedding for their nests and everyone was happy.

If anyonw tries this let me know how it worked on your Pyre's I didn't know about this method when I had a Pyre,so I know what tired is when it come sto brushing and stripping..

this info would have been nice to know then.

Tricia
That sounds awesome!!! ;D I love it! ;D I keep the hair for Samson's breeder who spins it & makes mittens, hats, etc. out of it so I don't think I could do that...But I better get at least a scarf this year! :D

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
Re: Holy blown coat Batman!!...or one reason a Pyr isn't for everyone ( :
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2006, 04:16:25 am »

Well,you'd have to ck and see if it would change the hair once it was dry,But doing that and not letting them run and roll ;D would really take the fun out of it for them.
After all we may be doing this to make our lives easier,but they like fun too/// :D