Author Topic: Kate's 1st Camping Trip  (Read 8399 times)

k2campbell

Kate's 1st Camping Trip
« on: July 05, 2006, 09:00:13 pm »
Our little girl did so well - I am absoultey the proudest momma EVER!!! ;D

We went camping in the bush, as in no toilets (not even outhouses), no showers, no running water - NOTHING!  As long as I had my Tim Horton's coffee to brew each morning over the Coleman stove - I was happy  ;D It was such a fun long weekend, I didn't want to come home - and  neither did Kate!  We did a little quadding (ya - guess what we wanna get now??? a quad!!!), lots of hiking, and a little bit of drinkin' :D

Kate was amazing this weekend, we really didn't know what to expect.  She was not on a leash ONCE!  We arrived to the spot, some of our friends (and they're dogs) had already arrived.  We let Kate out of the truck and that was it.  She stuck by the other dogs and us the entire time.  I don't know what it would've been like had there been no dogs there, but she came when called and was SUCH a good girl!!! ;D  I still can't believe I even let her off-leash all weekend, seeing as I'm a paranoid momma! ::)

There was a beautiful river right next to our spot, Kate swam everyday and even did a little rock climbing on the cliff (ya - that scared the heck outta me but she went up there on her own).  Unfortunately in order to get to the nice spot in the river, we had to cross another portion of the river, so we couldn't bring the camera, got no water pics.  Next time! :P

Kate is still definitely the submissive dog, she was the biggest dog there and by far the biggest wimp when little scraps erupted (caused by the other dogs of course) ;)  But she was great!  She mostly hung out with her buddy Ella (or Princess Ella as I call her - I've never seen such a prissy dog in all my life) but she's a sweetie  :D

Anywho - attached are some pics of Ella, Kate, my lumberjack of a husband, and Kate on the couch after we got home.  We stopped at the dog wash on our way back, so she flopped on the couch as soon as we walked in the door ::)  She didn't move all night, not even to eat, pee or poo.  She finally went out when before bed though, and ate a bit.  I think it's fair to say she had a GREAT time, and we're SO looking forward to going camping again with her.  Maybe even next weekend! ;D

P.S.  Funniest thing EVER.  We were all wading in the river, cleaning up as best we could (ahem - quadding thru mud, no showers) and the dogs were trolling around in the water.  Kate was in the middle of the river in a shallowish spot.  She bent down and smelled the water, then took a big dump - right there, smack-dab in the middle of the river.  I'll tell ya - I've never seen people clear out of a river so fast!!! :-\ ::) :D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 09:11:24 pm by k2campbell »

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Kate's 1st Camping Trip
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 09:03:53 pm »
Oh, Kate you are one sweet looking sleepy girl.  Sounds like you guys had a great time.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 09:04:50 pm »
Sounds like you had a great time! Kate sure looks tired from all the fun  :)

What's quadding?
RIP former BPO

k2campbell

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 09:08:20 pm »
What's quadding?

Quadding is riding on (I think they call them) ATV's (All Terrain Vehicles)?  Eric is sitting on one in the picture.  They are amazingly FUN, especially through the mud!!! ;D

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 09:11:18 pm »
What's quadding?

Quadding is riding on (I think they call them) ATV's (All Terrain Vehicles)?  Eric is sitting on one in the picture.  They are amazingly FUN, especially through the mud!!! ;D

Oh, I didn't know that was a name for ATVing. They may be fun, but they are SO dangerous! I went ATVing one and I almost died (literally)! I hit a bump and it threw me off and I flew left and it kept going right - if we had gone the same direction it would have run me over  :o I could barely walk for a few weeks after that  :-[ I would be terrified to ever do it again
RIP former BPO

k2campbell

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 09:14:04 pm »
What's quadding?

Oh, I didn't know that was a name for ATVing. They may be fun, but they are SO dangerous! I went ATVing one and I almost died (literally)! I hit a bump and it threw me off and I flew left and it kept going right - if we had gone the same direction it would have run me over  :o I could barely walk for a few weeks after that  :-[ I would be terrified to ever do it again

Yes, you are right - they can be very dangerous.  But, the driver can avoid the danger themselves (in most cases).  We were given a little lesson before we went out, and took it really easy (except when plowing thru the mud of course)!  I could see how people could get hurt though, there were some real show-offs out there that were just being retarded on the quads.  Stupid! :-\

But I'm glad to hear you were alright after your quadding incident! :)

DakotaMom

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 09:45:40 pm »
Your looking beautiful Kate.

Icerotti

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 05:13:24 am »
Wow what a fun weekend!1 I am sooooooooooo impressed with the off leash bit. Way to go Kate ;D  It made me laugh when I scrolled down and saw that princess Ella was a weim---that soooooooo explains the prissiness.... .lol...we seem to have one of those too ;)

Kate taking a dump in the river is just hilarious----bet you wish you had your camera then ;)

Great to  hear you had such a fun time.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 05:14:38 am by Icerotti »

Kiahpyr

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 07:10:01 am »
Kate looks so comfy with her pillow. I'm happy she was such a good girl. I only hope mine are like that when we got camping in August.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 07:30:04 am »
What an fun outing y'all had!
And Kate - soooooo proud of YOU - you are awesome!  :)

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2006, 10:28:15 am »
I'm glad you had such a wonderful weekend.  I can't wait to see pictures of the next camping trip! :)

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2006, 10:37:32 am »
Oh I am so jealous!  I used to camp "in the bush" in central Michigan and it was GREAT!  I liked the no running water, no toilets, etc.  I'm glad to hear Kate did so well! 

Oh, and with no running water, what are you SUPPOSED to drink?  ;) 
Beer and 'smores...break fast of champions!!    ;D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 10:41:42 am by Softhug »
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

k2campbell

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2006, 10:41:07 pm »

Oh, and with no running water, what are you SUPPOSED to drink?  ;) 
Beer and 'smores...break fast of champions!!    ;D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA  :D ;)