Author Topic: SERIOUS PROBLEM (warning: novel)  (Read 9723 times)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
Re: SERIOUS PROBLEM (warning: novel)
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 02:35:08 pm »
That's awesome!  Too funny that she protected you when he tried to intimidate you!  She knows who loves her!  I hope that things will go as well as it would appear and I hope you'll continue to drop by to see her.
Daphne

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 03:16:58 pm »
Oh, I see her every day, especially now that I've addicted her to to chin scratching!  I just won't have to go harass the manager and the mechanics every morning.  ;D  ;D
Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2006, 10:08:37 am »
Amazing how a little (I mean a LOT of) patience paid off.  Demon Dog (who, by the way, deserves a new name) was able to keep her job and I'm sure will be much happier for it, no one has to disguise a 90-lb. Rottweiler inside their apartment, and the current Owner of the car repair shop is all-but-too-aware of the dangers of letting your drunken nephew be in charge of anything.

Sounds like Lassie or something.

Arf, Arf!!!

What's that girl?  The nephew is in the garage passed out?  Okay, let's go!!!!
Sarah

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 10:22:38 am »
LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!  A dog knows who's looking out for their interests.  Good for you!!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2006, 10:26:45 am »

Sounds like Lassie or something.

Arf, Arf!!!

What's that girl?  The nephew is in the garage passed out?  Okay, let's go!!!!
ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2006, 10:37:51 am »
Except she IS a Demon Dog, at least when it comes to barking at people!

It's so hot here right now that there's just no closing the windows at all, and I can totally hear her all the way at my place, every time someone approaches either of the gates down there--the enormous GAAAHH-ROWOWOWOWOWOWOWWWFFthat goes on for what seems like a year.  I'm sure it totally rattles the windows of the building right next to the lot. And since the Saint Bernard and his little Yorkie brother moved in just catter-corner from the lot, it's turned into this sort of J.S. Bach fugue kind of thing, in three part harmony: 

GAAAHH-ROWOWOWOWOWOWOWWWFF (bass tone)

GOOROO GOOROO GOOROO (the St. is sort of f Tom Selleck tenor)

KIYI KIYI KIYI KYI (the Yorkie must have trained with the Vienna Boys Choir)

GAAAHH-ROWOWOWOWOWOWOWWWFF

GOOROO GOOROO GOOROO

KIYI KIYI KIYI KYI..

You know, being dogless isn't quite as sad at 3 am, when you're not the one who's going to have to shut them up.  ;D  ;D

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2006, 10:49:09 am »
ROFLMAO!

Sorry bout the HEAT!!!  In the words of Southerners everywhere, "it ain't the heat, it's the humidity" -- DON"T HIT ME, it was just a joke!

Thank God I figured out Einstein's achille's heel -- dump water on him and he instantly learns to curb that particular behaviour.

Sarah

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2006, 11:00:06 am »
Oh, I'm with you on the humidity. 

I'd much rather be at Mom's in SLC at 105 right now with their 15% humidity than at 85 here in LA with our 70%. 

And do you know what's worse: some of the stuff I've been reading claims that this humidity thing is because of a change in the currents in the Gulf of Mexico--AND IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THIS FOR THE NEXT 15 SUMMERS!

I might as well move to HOUSTON
Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2006, 06:37:58 pm »
In reading through this thread again, I think I've noticed a change, and you are going to have to change your ID.  You are no longer dogless.  You have a dog....a DEMON DOG ;D ;D!  You just don't live together, somewhat like a very sophisticated older couple who live independently, but are very much in love.  You have the best of all possible worlds!  At some point, you might just have to move in to the garage and get really, really comfortable on those tires so you can live together in peace!

I'm so happy for you both!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2006, 04:54:05 am »
OMG isn't it great when a plan falls into place??  He guarded you against his OWNER!!!  Bwahahahaha!!  That is the BEST!  I am really proud of you for taking the time out of your day to keep tabs on Demondog...aka ."The Gatekeeper". LOL!  Newflvr is right, this dog is in love, love, love with you.  You may have to learn how to lube and rotate tires!  ;D  Maybe they will do free oil changes for you!     
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2006, 07:00:25 am »
Yeah, I've helped my brother with the whole car thing, and I WON'T be moving down to the lot, thanks anyway.  ::) We'll just have to remain dear friends.   ;D :D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 07:01:11 am by NoDogNow »
Sheryl, Dogless and sad