Author Topic: Parvo?  (Read 4112 times)

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Parvo?
« on: July 08, 2006, 10:06:12 am »
Can dogs still get parvo when they get older? I mean , Gus is going to be 2 next month (i cant believe it!) and we live in an apartment so Im not all that worried but I just wondered. also, Im going to get him neutered at the end of this month and Im worried that he will lose his spunk that I love so much. But I really want to so he'll quit running at full speed when he sees another dog and sticks his nose as far up their *** as he can! Any advice would be helpful, thanks guys!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Parvo?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 10:24:56 am »
I don't think older dogs can get parvo...but others will know better than I do.

As far as the neutering, we got our brown boy neutered a couple of months ago and it's all good.  He's quit wandering off, but still has the sparkle in his eye that shows he wants to play.  We were worried about his following female coyotes in heat ( a ploy by the males use to lure a domestic dog off his own property  :( ) and now he likes to stay with us.

I think it's the right thing to do unless you are going to breed him. ;)

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 10:43:40 am »
Ya, I think Im going to. I have no plans of breeding him, although he is such a cutie. But I still dont even know what he;s mixed with. He was abandoned at 4 weeks old so its fun for me to try and guess. Any ideas?

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 01:19:38 pm »
Awww, well thanks. I try really hard. Ive had dogs all my life but hes the first one I got when Ive been all on my own so hes my constant companion and thanks to him I am never lonely. Yesterday I was really upset and crying and he was looking at me and whining then jumped on the couch and starting licking my tears away. It was really sweet. Im glad to hear that he wont lose his spunk. His snoffing problem isnt that bad and hes never been a "humper" so thats good. He does do this thing that drives me nuts. Sometimes when hes sniffing the grassm he'll come up and there will be foamy stuff around his mouth. Its really gross and Ive been told some things but still not sure what that's about.