Author Topic: My Dad is such a punk!  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
My Dad is such a punk!
« on: July 08, 2006, 06:34:54 pm »
He taught our German Shepherd to sing years ago and thinks it's hilarious. I had Sadie over there this afternoon to play with the boys and he decided that Rocky (our GSD) and him should teach Sadie this wonderful trick. Sure! It took her months to figure out that taking a dump in the living room is not the way to Mommy's heart, and she still can't figure out how to walk by a shoe without putting it in her mouth and gnawing it to shreds, but she learns this OBNOXIOUS trick in about 2.5 seconds!

But if BPO ever hosts a Big Paws Idol competition, Sadie is in it to win it  ;)
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
Re: My Dad is such a punk!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 08:11:54 pm »
Hehehehehe.  You have to have Sadie singing into your voice mail.

Tina

LOL!  I don't have any singing dogs any more and I miss it terribly!  Years ago our 3 Labs would sing at the drop of a hat.  We were getting a foreign language wrong # phone call every day and they just wouldn't stop calling.  This went on for almost a year!  Anyway, we finally decided to put the dogs singing on our answering machine.  Told all our friends what we'd done so they wouldn't die when they called and left it at that.  It STILL took a few months for the phone calls to stop but they eventually did.  Meanwhile all our friends got their friends to call and listen to our dogs singing  :D
Daphne

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 08:44:21 pm »
Somethin told me to open this thread should've known who was behind it. Kali and Lacey sing if we leave them alone in the house.

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 11:43:28 am »
If I can figure out how to work the video part of my camera I'll get a video of it. I have to say, she gets really into it. Throws her head back and everything. Girl's got SOUL! She's not as good as our Shepherd though, he's a Superstar!
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 12:06:42 pm »
Rock the house Sadie girl!

Offline krismark

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • My babies!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 04:42:18 pm »
Great. I played those videos and Gabriel started sing along, which was  fine. Then, Watson puked on my computer desk....errr.. .thanks a lot for that Watson.

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 11:55:11 am »
Balu has a BEAUTIFUL singing voice!!!!!!  Our chocolate Lab had a nice, deep song like that.  Thanks for posting the video clips!
Daphne