Author Topic: Hi everyone! I'm Murphy and Molly's mom!  (Read 11779 times)

Offline 8BIGPAWS

• Gnawer
  • Molly (black) & Murphy (white)
    • View Profile
Hi everyone! I'm Murphy and Molly's mom!
« on: July 11, 2006, 10:34:04 am »
Glad to find this forum.  I have two big dogs. Both are standard poodle mixes.  female labmix (65 lbs) ,other is a male golden retriver mix  - (recently rescued s/b 50+ lbs ;he's tall and skinny and only 47 right now.)

PLEASE don't call them doodles!  I didn't get them because they were doodles (or pay that price!) but because they were adorable and needed homes. Both shed so they were the 'unwanted'. 

They aren't big to some of you I'm sure but they are big to me. And my food/treat bill shows it. And the back yard presents prove it.  :)   

They are the best of friends to each other and to me.

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone! I'm Murphy and Molly's mom!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 10:44:04 am »
Hi there! Welcome to BPO! I'm Marissa, mom to Zoey an Alaskan Malamute and Dolly a Saint Bernard. We don't care if they're huge or not. What matters is that you love them very much! We all know what that feels like here. Do you have some pictures? We love pics!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 10:45:16 am by Saint and Mal mom »
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline 8BIGPAWS

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 10:44:26 am »
Pictures coming.  The rescue gets groomed Thursday. Currently, he's not 'presentable'. Like to show him at his best you know.  He's going to get quite a hair cut to start cause he has some mattes.  I have a picture in my head of what he'll look like when he has hair & whiskers again...gorgeo us. 

Molly my labmix must think I'm going to shoot her when I get a camera out. She's so camera shy but I think I can get a shot of them together soon when they aren't looking  ;)

Offline 8BIGPAWS

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 10:46:00 am »
MOLLY (lab + std poo- very black)
MURPHY (retriver +Std poo- creme/golden)

pictures very soon!

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 10:46:08 am »
What colors are they? Can't wait for pics!  :)
Marissa

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline 8BIGPAWS

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 11:11:43 am »
read prior post with size and color info

Molly and Murphy are tall enough to look what's on the table and if it's close to the edge...and edible...well then of course it was left there just for them. 

They don't jump UP to get stuff but they could reach the island if they wanted to.  We don't encourage jumping in the house and they are  very good. They don't realize what they COULD do and we're VERY lucky they are well behaved. 

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 11:14:16 am »
Woops! Sorry didn't see that post! They sound like great dogs.
Marissa

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 11:31:25 am »
PLEASE don't call them doodles! 

They aren't big to some of you I'm sure but they are big to me.

They are the best of friends to each other and to me.

How about calling them "retriever mixes" ;)

As one with two Labs in the house, when they are sharing your space (usually under foot in the kitchen when you are trying to cook) they are BIG DOGS! 

I do hope you'll share some pics of your buddies with us!  I love their names! 
Daphne

Offline 8BIGPAWS

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 11:34:53 am »
They are great dogs but sometimes I think they are wierd.  They are both mixes of so called water loving dogs.  They both have webbed feet.   But they both avoid the lawn sprinkler, they won't sit in the little pool. Murphy stands outside and drinks. Molly stands in it and drinks.  Neither will sit in it. I tried spraying them with a mild (not forceful) hose on a really hot day and they didn't like it. Both are OK with baths. Go figure.   ???

Icerotti

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 11:37:49 am »
Hi Welcome to BPO--you will have a great time here ;D

I am Michelle and owned by Puck our rotti who is 8 yrs old, Farley our wacky Vizsla at 1 year and our baby Rosie the weimaraner at 5.5 months.

I can't wait to see the pictures.

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 11:38:47 am »
Welcome! my name is Megan and am mom to Maggie a 5 year old Doberman, Roxie a 1 year old Miniature Pinscher, Alex a 3 year old Miniature Poodle, and Marty a 3 year old Miniature Dachshund.

Foster mom to Dudley a 1 year old Flat Coated Retriever/Lab mix, Jim a 2 year old Labrador Mix, and Aubrey a 3 year old Dachshund.

We also have 2 rats, 2 birds, 1 guinea pig , and 4 cats.
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline 8BIGPAWS

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 11:46:17 am »
Molly's (named by me) body shape really looks like a black lab with some wiry hair.  She's very low maintenance but needs brushing daily cause she sheds so there is house maintenance.  She's the bull in the china shop. The instigator to ruffhouse inside. She's all wiggles and licks (hugs and kisses to humans) I love her to pieces! 

Murphy's (named by my husband) body shape looks more like a standard poodle with wavy poodle hair (no curls). A tall lanky boy. No one would take him for a retriever.   I had someone ask if he was a wolf hound or greyhound mix.  It's his shaved pointed nose.  He needs a mop of whiskers. Can't wait until he grows out. He'll never get a poodle cut but he will need (and get) regular groomin.  He's low shed but higher maintenance. A very sweet gentle well mannered boy.

I feel very lucky to have them both.

I will post pictures very soon.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006, 11:52:14 am »
It sounds like they are as lucky to have you as you are to have them!

I have two Newfs, Cowboy, who was a rescue and is a three year old Landseer (black and white) and Chester a brown one year old.  They are both totally adored by the entire family!!

enuffpaws

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2006, 12:00:33 pm »
Welcome to the BPO family.You find this  the place to be for dog lovers.I'm dale,my wife Stella (gr8dame) and I have 3 dogs Merlin Great Dane ,Strider GD & IRwolfhound mix and Raven a Doberman.WE found this  a great place to meet wonderful  poeple and their dogs!Oh yes, and we all love pictures !!!!!

dale ;) 

Offline 8BIGPAWS

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2006, 12:01:28 pm »
OK. OK... here's a pic of Molly at Christmas in a chair, a picture of Molly close up, and a shelter pic of Murphy who was since given an amature haircut. I wish they hadn't!   More to come later.

Murphy and Molly were both born May 2005. 
Murphy's picture was from 2/2006 and I'll get an update soon.

The last two are from tonight. I changed my avitar to a pic I got this evening of Molly & Murphy.  And here is one of each.  As I said earlier, Murphy needs a new hair cut and some growing out and some whiskers but I still think he's 'handsome' just the way he is.  Molly is camera shy but I got one when she wasnt' expecting it. 

Both needed a good brushing and cleanup but it was rainy and wet.  But we love them just the same...kinda like you still love your spouse in the am...:)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 04:01:02 pm by 8BIGPAWS »