Author Topic: Good Dog Badger  (Read 11225 times)

doggylover

Good Dog Badger
« on: July 11, 2006, 01:49:00 pm »
Badger is back to his sweet ways.  He had a few days there where he was a beast, but we worked it out!  He has had no choice but to snip at Gossy three times now, hopefully she will take the hint that he doesn't like having his ears bit and yanked while he is sound asleep, or that it isn't a good plan to bite his feet while he is dozing.  He is really doing the minimum needed to teach her some basic courtesy. 
He 'bit' her once (no marks, no blood, more a threat than anything), and after that has only snarled menacingly at her.  She is a real pill...she thinks he is playing and keeps coming back for more action. I've had to intervene so that she would leave him alone on many occasions. 
He just keeps looking at me all sad faced, as if to say "WHY, oh WHY did you mess up our happy home?"
No more puppies for us!  David is FINALLY on board to rescue an older dog next time!  The last time we had a puppy was 5 1/2 years ago and we have apparently both gotten too old for these puppy shenangins.   :D ;) :) :D ;) :)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
Re: Good Dog Badger
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 01:56:43 pm »
No more puppies for us!  David is FINALLY on board to rescue an older dog next time!  The last time we had a puppy was 5 1/2 years ago and we have apparently both gotten too old for these puppy shenangins.   :D ;) :) :D ;) :)

Boy, can I relate!  Puppies are exhausting!  LOL! 

Glad to hear that Badger is doing better with her!  Poor old fella!  He just wants to get some sleep and that young whippersnapper wants to torture him!
Daphne

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 01:59:26 pm »
Good Boy Badger! 
Lady sounds a lot like Badger.  Grace pulls and pinches and sits upon and bangs into and nips and snaps and and and all the time at Lady.  Lady excerises her best restraint until she has to give Gracey a little discipline. 
It's natural.  :) 

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 02:00:12 pm »
Yaaaayyyyyyy Badger!
I am sooooooo proud of your Mr. Pookie! :)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 02:18:13 pm »
Good boy Pookie!  ;D My kitties did some of that with Sadie when she first came home. Gus came down on her like a rain of fire when she got up in his business once or twice. Freaked me out a bit, but then they were fine. They just needed to work out who was in charge. Now that it's clear, they get along fine except for the occasional aggravation.

Poor Pookie - it's no fun to have a nap interrupted by someone nibbling on your ear...hey! Wait a minute! Yes it is!!! ;)
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 02:35:35 pm »
YAAAAY!  Good job Nana Pookie! 
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 02:52:00 pm »
Good job, Badger! Zoey sounds just like Gossy. She bugs Dolly to death! And finally, Dolly is big enough to throw her weight around a bit.
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

DakotaMom

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 04:23:02 pm »
YEAH, Badger! I knew you could do it. I'll have to get a video of Dakota telling Nani off. It makes me jump if I'm not paying attention.

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 04:29:44 pm »
Good boy!  I'm glad things are working themselves out.  An older dog next time?  What about that puppy breath?  And that rolly poly puppy belly?  And those itty bitty puppy teefers! :) 

DakotaMom

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 06:35:17 pm »
I have an idea! Gossy can come live at my house until she gets past the annoying puppy stage. I live close enough, you could visit when you want to and when she's all done being cute and cudly you can have her back. Sound good?

doggylover

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 06:43:07 pm »
LOL at the ear nibbling comment!  Yeah, poor Badger can't quite get a break, and calling her a lil whippersnapper is SO appropriate to the situation :)
OK Denise, you can have her.  She is super cute, but she is h3ll on wheels.  I hope you don't have any electrical cords, shoes, furniture you like, curtains you don't want pulled down, coffee table legs you don't want chewed on, or futons you don't mind being used as a personal hiding space when discipline is forthcoming. 
:) :: Puts puppy in massive envelope and stuffs her in the mailbox::
:)

DakotaMom

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 06:44:36 pm »
YEAH!!!!!!! I get a puppy, I get a puppy, I get a puppy!!!!

Is this your way of telling me the check is in the mail?

doggylover

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006, 06:48:56 pm »
YEAH!!!!!!! I get a puppy, I get a puppy, I get a puppy!!!!

Is this your way of telling me the check is in the mail?
LOLOLOL you already know me so well!

DakotaMom

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2006, 07:10:25 pm »
I'm a little disappointed in you Ronda. :(

I see you have the time to send in all these posts but no time to send in more pictures of our Gossy. ;) ;D ;D ;D

Come on girlfriend, we're waiting!

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2006, 10:06:11 pm »
Good boy, Badger!  I know, you kinda lose the puppy breath scent when you are cleaning pee-pee or picking up your torn up mail, etc, etc.!  I love puppies, but Bella was soooo bad that I told everyone that I couldn't wait until she grew up a little.  Of course, now I really miss being able to pick her up and smell that puppy breath! :D
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom