Author Topic: 11 weeks neo, would love a heads up!!  (Read 3899 times)

ibenu

11 weeks neo, would love a heads up!!
« on: July 11, 2006, 10:54:40 pm »
 we are under the impresssion, for the most part that what would make for a good dog will make for a good neo, he is only 11 weekd and we are socializing him to people and dogs, every stranger gets a treat to give him, and hes been submissive mostly to other dogs, he can be very assertive with us:) I want to here from other neo owners what they wish they had been told at the start. We plan to have him nuetered at 6 months or as the vet recomends if that is considerable. Love to hear positive stories of neos and other dogs too, the males  not being as bad as they are sometimes reputed. Thanks!!  PS will put pictures up soon too.Day 3 only.

rickysmom1

Re: 11 weeks neo, would love a heads up!!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 11:27:59 pm »
Welcome to the board. My name is Debbie and I am owned by an 11 month old lovable mutt named Tater and an almost 10 month old neo mastiff named Willow. I don't really have alot of advice (we got Willow @ 6 months of age)except really study up on the breed and their quirks. Check out genetic issues like cherry eye (Willow has this) and hip displasia. Also be careful of the heat. Willow hates hot weather and I make sure the air conditioner is on just to keep her cool. Who cares if my electric bill is sky high. LOL We had Willow spayed about 3 weeks after we brought her home, but I really didn't want to deal with her going into heat and I wanted to have her 1st (unsuccessful  >:()eye surgery done. There are quite a few people on the board that recommend waiting until at least a year before you spay/neuter to way for your dog to be more mature. One last thing.....Neo's drool....ALOT. Willow drools when it's hot, drinks water, eats, wants food etc. etc. etc. Basically I don't leave my house unless I have some sort of drool stain. LOL Anyway, if I think of anything else I'll let you know or if you have any questions PM me or PM the other neo owners. Congrats on getting a neo. THey're AWESOME dogs.

P.S. I've attached a couple of somewhat recent pics of my 2 babies. Hope to see pics of your baby soon.

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: 11 weeks neo, would love a heads up!!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 12:08:37 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

your pup's are so cute i hope you have a wonderful summer!

marina

Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats