Author Topic: hello everyone!  (Read 5670 times)

Offline moomin

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
hello everyone!
« on: July 14, 2006, 05:47:05 am »
hello all   i'm another newbie and found this place while looking for a site about Pharoah hounds!

i'm Jan, and with my husband Paul have a big ol' orange dog -Syd - his mum was an english mastiff x red setter, and his dad was a black lab x boxer! he has the temprement of a lab and all the soppyness of a setter... and sheds bucketloads!!!!!

we were asked to give a home to a 12 week old pup who'd lived in 4 other places, and was meant to be great with other pets, kids etc... she was also supposed to be a weimeraner x doberman! lol - when we got her, we can't tell her age except she's still growing, has good teeth, some small scars, gives our three cats HE** and is - surprise surprise - not what she was supposed to be but a gorgeous Pharoah Hound! what a personality... but our cats hate us!

pics soon i hope,

moomin
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 12:15:37 pm by Jacksmom »

Kiahpyr

Re: hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 07:22:10 am »
Welcome aboard!!! I'm April owned by Kiah a great pyrenees and Kitana a mix puppy. I can't wait to see pictures of your doggies!!

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 08:19:13 am »
Oh I can't wait to see pictures!  Welcome to BPO!  I'm Jacquie in Alabama.  Fur-mom to Tsu (chow), Boudreaux (American Mastiff) and Griffey (fat, yellow cat).
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 08:50:49 am »
Hi, I am Kat and I am owned by Cinder and Kaila and Shiner.  Belgian Malinois and Malinois mix.  I can't wait to see pictures of your pups.  I was considering a Pharoah hound at one point.  Maybe some time down the road.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 08:55:17 am »
Welcome to BPO!  I'm Jessica and am owned by two newfie girls, Sasha (1.5 years) and Bella (8 months), and one little kitty, Dinkers. :)  Can't wait to see pictures of your puppers!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 08:59:35 am »
Welcome to BPO!  I'm Lin...from Southwest Michigan, owned by Lady and Grace, the Roudy Rotts. 

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 08:59:41 am »
Welcome to BPO.  ;D

I am Michelle owned by Puck our 8 year old rotti, Farley our"special" ;) Vizsla at 1 year old and our baby weimaraner Rosie at 5.5 months.

I can't wait to see picture of your babies. :)

DakotaMom

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 10:11:06 am »
Welcome moomin, my name is Denise and I live in Oregon with three pooches.
Dakota is my mutt, he's a Newf/Lab mix. Jade and Nani are Leonbergers.

Offline moomin

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 11:05:57 am »
thanks for the generous welcome, you guys... and what a luvverly bunch if mutts - the furries, i mean, not you peeps! photos asap  ;D

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 12:12:00 pm »
Welcome!  I'm Tessie, mom to Belladonna (Great Dane) and Mojo (furry kitty).
Can't wait to see pictures!  What a mix!
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006, 02:40:31 pm »
Hi & welcome to BPO!...My name is Chelle & my BIG PAWS are Samson & Pippin, both Great Pyrenees...The pretty girl in my avatar pic is our sweet Rosie who has gone on to Rainbow Bridge to wait for us...I hope you'll enjoy your time here! :)

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 03:05:28 pm »
Hi there! I like Pharoah hounds a lot. Can't wait for pics! I'm Marissa, mom to the 2 goofballs in my avatar, Zoey an Alaskan Malamute and Dolly a Saint Bernard. Welcome to BPO! Hope you like it here!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline moomin

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2006, 05:43:25 am »
can't get over such lovely dogs! i've ALWAYS like big dogs far more than small ones, and we've had a rottie before who came to us from someone else who didn't have the time or inclination to look after him. he was a big old boy called Xtra, sweet and even tempered even though he'd spent most his life ignored out in a pub yard  >:(  he died about 8 years back now, all of a sudden - heart attack of brain haemorrhage, we're not sure but just keeled over after sitting up all excited looking at the sweet Paul was holding for him.

anyway, pics real soon - Paul's picking up a photo stik for his mobile, so we can take some pictures and post them here.

news flash! we've now officially named our Pharaoh bitch Smink

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2006, 02:37:13 pm »
Excited for pics! What a cute name, Smink! Welcome to the family, Smink!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2006, 11:37:28 pm »
Welcome to BPO.  I'm Melissa (Mel to most people), mommy of Dazy, a 1 year old Giant Schnauzer, and Ladybug, a 4 year old Mini Schnauzer with a Giant attitude! lol