Mastiffs > American Mastiff Discussions & Pictures

"Talking Back" & Pawing issues

<< < (2/3) > >>

maxsmom:
Max and Jake will only paw me, if I am petting them and stop.  Then they will paw me, until I pet them more, unless I say NO.  Then they will stop completely.  Is Sophie doing a puppy bow, when you refer to the down dog thing?  Jake does that and barks when he wants to play.  It is like an invitation to play.  That is how my boys signal to each other that they are ready to romp.  They also do it with my hubby and he runs at them and plays with them.  They don't do it me I guess because I don't play rough and tumble games with them.  All of them but Jake outweigh me and he is less than 10 lbs behind me.  Jake will take my husband's arm in his mouth and pull on it to initiate play.  Yesterday, he was coming in the house from the back yard and Jake grabbed his pants in his mouth and pulled him back out the door, trying to get him to play.  I have tried to tell him that as long as he is engaging with them on their level, he has to be prepared when he gets hurt from their rough play, but what do I know.
Kathy

diamienono:
Daisy does the same things.  Where did you all get your AM's from?  Just want to see how the other breeders are

Softhug:
Boudreaux came from FWF in Ohio.  He was from the  Valentine's Day litter of Grettel and Rufus. 

karateblossom:
odin came from a breeder in helotes, tx.  he was a product of an accidental litter where a 2 yo male jumped a 7 ft fence to get to their bitch when she was heat.  It was an accidental litter but the pups were still 'spensive!  Luckily, we got a $400 discount on him.  She wanted us to take the other pup too but we couldn't.  :(  They only bred when they had potential owners so this accidental litter threw a glitch in their life because mastiff people are tough to find.  Anyway, guess that was  long way around the pond! hehe

navarre1316:
This is an old post but a good one!!!  I don't have mastiff's (yet), but both of my GSD's did/do both of these things!!!  Issy is constantly chuffing at me and if I ignore her she will then start to bark at me, but she does the same thing to Daphne.  I've realized Issy is going to be as vocal as Navarre was!!  For her it's because she's bored and wants to play!  I've almost got her off the pawing she doesn't do it as much anymore thank goodness!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version