Author Topic: Gossy screams, "let me sleep mom"!  (Read 10299 times)

doggylover

Gossy screams, "let me sleep mom"!
« on: July 14, 2006, 12:54:51 pm »
OK I feel like an idiot.  I was so paranoid about Gossy pottying in her crate, that I was waking her up about every 2 hours to go out to go potty.  Then, she would be awake and she would cry for a half hour before falling back to sleep.  So the other night, I was talking to Mel, and she said, don't give food or water for like 5 hours before bed, and she should be fine.  So I did that, and put her in bed, and didn't wake her up (I did peek in on her about every half hour-I'm VERY OC, in case any of you haven't figured that out yet).  She slept 8 hours, and she is behaving like a little angel now!
Her attitude is cheery, she is calm during the day, and I get to sleep!  I was sleep depriving her! 
 :D

doggylover

Re: Gossy screams, "let me sleep mom"!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 12:56:51 pm »
Does anyone remember the opening scene in 'Terms of Endearment' when Shirley Mclaine goes into the babies room and shakes her till she cries, to make sure she is alive?  THATS ME!
LOLOLOLOL

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 01:01:45 pm »
Good, she'll be able to sleep through the whole ride to newflvr's house :)
RIP former BPO

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 01:02:08 pm »
ROFL!! :D
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

doggylover

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 01:08:42 pm »
ahahahhahahaha hahah true true!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 03:33:37 pm »
Good, she'll be able to sleep through the whole ride to newflvr's house Smiley

(clapping hands and jumping up and down....)

CAN'T WAIT!!!!  CAN'T WAIT!!!!!   C A N ' T   W A I T!!!!!!

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 08:15:56 pm »
Now see, this hardly seems fair.  After all, I am the one who helped Ronda turn her Gossinator into Glorious Gossy.  HULLO..... doesn't that mean that I should have some sort of dibs or something?

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 09:58:44 pm »
You don't have children, right? :D
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 10:32:06 pm »
Does anyone remember the opening scene in 'Terms of Endearment' when Shirley Mclaine goes into the babies room and shakes her till she cries, to make sure she is alive?  THATS ME!
LOLOLOLOL
I was the same way with Samson...Then I got really tired one night & said "Screw it...If he goes in his crate I'll just clean it up...I'm tired darnit!!!"...Well, lol Samson not only made it all night without having an accident he didn't even want to get up & go out when I got up in the morning!...To this day I really don't know what Samson does to let me know he needs to go out because he NEVER shows any indication he needs to go...His whole attitude is "it can wait"...I have to make him go out when I think it's been too long...I bet I could let him out twice a day & he'd be completely fine with it....Damn he's a good dog! ;D

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2006, 10:12:17 am »
LOLOLOLOL

Haven't seen the movie but we have that problem with Carter.  He's mostly deaf so he never hears you coming, even if you're yelling.  He scared the wits out of DH the other day sleeping head down hill, legs sticking out.  DH couldn't see his chest moving and thought for sure he was dead.  I think he was more worried about how I'd take the loss of my beloved Carter than he really was about the dog but at any rate, he had to touch Carter to see if he was alive!  Then Carter jumped up to greet him so DH could breathe again too!  LOL!

I confess, I've never been one to wake up for puppies at night.  We had to with our first pup since we were in an apartment and not supposed to have dogs.  We were moving out to our own house in a few weeks but had to keep pup quiet at night until then!  LOL!  DH got up for him those weeks though, not me!  All our other pups were double crated - one crate with papers for poop and pee.  One crate for bedding. 
Daphne

doggylover

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2006, 10:35:57 am »
You don't have children, right? :D
ROFL um NO, that would be a very bad plan.  I would die from heart problems probably within a year of having the baby. 

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2006, 06:02:54 pm »
Ronda... if it makes you feel any better.... the night I brought Alyx home from the hospital, she slept all night.  I woke up at 5am to take some tylenol and thought, well, I'm going to wake her up, change her, and give her a bottle, cause as soon as I get comfortable, she is going to get up.

Well, she screamed when I woke her up.  She was so mad.  The next night, I was like oh heck no, not touchin' her.  She woke up at 9:30 the next morning. :)

doggylover

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2006, 07:32:23 pm »
Ronda... if it makes you feel any better.... the night I brought Alyx home from the hospital, she slept all night.  I woke up at 5am to take some tylenol and thought, well, I'm going to wake her up, change her, and give her a bottle, cause as soon as I get comfortable, she is going to get up.

Well, she screamed when I woke her up.  She was so mad.  The next night, I was like oh heck no, not touchin' her.  She woke up at 9:30 the next morning. :)
Mel I think you and I are kindred spirits!  lolol I would SO do that!