Author Topic: Soft Poop Anyone  (Read 27878 times)

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Soft Poop Anyone
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2005, 10:51:42 am »
Feste and Chance both have fairly loose poop.  Puck, who is 30 -35 lbs. and eats the same food (Diamond, Large Breed), has what I would consider normal consistency.  I've noticed that the big boys' seem to get looser when it gets really hot or if they have been on a very long walk (2-4 miles).  Since I've not had Feste or Chance during colder weather yet, I'm waiting to see if that has any effect.  According to the vet, all the tests are normal and there are no issues so he left it to me to either tolerate it or keep trying different foods.  I pretty much have learned to live with it (hoses down easily), but I do keep an eye on it for any major changes.
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2005, 03:15:48 pm »
I feed raw and it is usually firm and the dries up to white in a day or so..also not to big yet.... Every on.e in awhile it is loose but not often

Offline GreatDanz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Truly Great Danes!
    • View Profile
    • Mickey's Gold Bead Adventure
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2005, 10:26:07 pm »
I feed raw and it is usually firm and the dries up to white in a day or so..also not to big yet.... Every on.e in awhile it is loose but not often

Don't you love that?!?!?!  Every few days you can just walk around the yard and smash the poop, it just turns into dust!

IMO, mushy poop is not normal, it signifies that the digestive system is not absorbing the food well.  Switching to a grain-filled cheaper kibble may firm up the poop, but nutrition goes way down hill.
-Ericka

Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.  Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. -Albert Einstein

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2005, 12:44:15 am »
If you feed to much solid gold, wysong, or any of the more natural brands, stool will be loose or very very soft.
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505

Offline My Kahlua-Bear! :-]

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008, 03:07:01 pm »
For the first few month i had Lu, she was on IAMS. All seemed well but then she started getting awful diarrhea. We put her on prescription canned food and antibiotics. When she came off the meds, sure enough it came back. So we switched to Eukanuba. No luck. Once again she went on the meds and RX canned food but as soon as she went back to "normal" food she was sick again. Desperately we called the vet who told us to try Science diet. That was fine by me since thats what my parents raised my St. Bernard on. One scoop of large breed puppy and one scoop of adult sensitive stomach. Sure enough she got better. Try not using canned food as frequently. Some dogs are sensitive to the extra moisture and its like giving a milkshake to someone who is lactose intolerant. I