Author Topic: Update...BPO's Future!  (Read 23984 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Update...BPO's Future!
« on: July 20, 2006, 08:12:56 pm »
Wow you guys! I knew that I loved BPO and all that you have made this site to be but I didn't think you would all be so willing to pitch in and help us out in our time of need. I must confess that I did feel really guilty to ask you all for your help because I didn't want to impose...but.. .since so many of you have so graciously volunteered I think I shall! ;D

Here is what we need some people to do that will greatly benefit the site:

1. Blog Writers- This is a position for anyone who comes across anything dog related that thinks it is cool to share for the rest of us only it is written in a more journalistic fashion. Stories can be found online, in magazines, in papers, wherever. For example, stories on dog laws, abuse cases, heroic stories or unusual things. Content adds value to the site and helps us bump up in the search engines....so the more we write the better we are.  ;) The more contributing writers the better. If you need pictures to be added or anything we can do that for you but the writing is the most important part.

2. Big Pawpedia Writers- This position is for anyone who wants to add a personal story/reflection/experience with the specific dog breed that they own. This will be added to the Pedia section of the site and will help give anyone who is wondering about breeds a more insightful view of the breed.

There were other things mentioned that I want to address as well so that you don't think that I didn't read your suggestions.

1. Monthly Contest- Call me selfish but I love to do these and really like being the first one to see the photos.  ;D This really takes no time to do at all so I can still handle this job.

2. Featured Paw Print- The technical stuff on the site is something that Michael does because it is pretty tricky but we can take votes to nominate/pick the dog atop the site.

3. BPO Store- This will be coming back but as some of you know, we had a pretty unreliable contact before and since we moved, we're going to have to look for a new supplier. This will be up eventually but for now this is on hold.

4. BPO Sunshine Club Commitee Chairperson- Though she has not formally been asked if she would be willing to do this, Tina has been the card sender-outer for sometime now, so if she is willing I will pass the complete duties to her from now on.  :)

5. BPO Moderators- This is a tough job and although we do have some global moderators on the site we might have to add a few to ease their workload. Selection for this is really hard because situations do arise where things can get sticky.

6. BPO Happy Birthday Chairperson- This person has not been asked if she would like the position either, but if she accepts then Lins will be the official Happy Birthday topic starter.  :D

So, I think that is all for now. Let me know if you are interested in contributing to the blog or pedia and I will give you more info. on it.

Also...THANK YOU for all of your kind words and support. All of you mean more to me that you will ever know. And for the record- BPO is NOT for sale thanks to all of you. Our BPO is here to stay the way that each of us has come to know & love it.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

doggylover

Re: Update...BPO's Future!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 08:22:19 pm »
YAY, I can do Pedia...I LOVE to write.  I can also do Blogs!

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 08:35:27 pm »
WOOHOOOO!! Like I said before I'd be happy to help with whatever you need....except the bloging, not very good with words, and I'm a terrible speller! lol  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 08:43:53 pm »
Yay!  BPO is such a wonderful place, I'm really glad to hear this.  Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help! :)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 09:34:24 pm »
I'm not sure what I can do but I'll help out where I can.  Let me know if you need anything.  I may not post alot or be able to get in chat because of my dial up internet but I am quite addicted to this website. 

Kat

Modified: because I didn't add that I had dial-up and I didn't want anyone to think something was wrong with chat
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 11:22:27 pm by KFC »
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Blair

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 09:41:02 pm »
Let me know if I can help in anyway.....I am home all day and have A LOT of free time LOL :D

DakotaMom

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 09:43:00 pm »
This is so awesome! When there is trouble on the horizon, the family pulls together and gets things done.

I would also like to offer any help I can.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 09:53:45 pm »
Let me know if I can do anything, I'm not too computer savvy but I'll try whatever!!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 10:08:46 pm »
Michael & Jamie, I would be happy to help out if you need me to do anything...Jus t let me know...Don't worry about having a life outside of BPO...It happens to the best of us sometimes! :o :D :D

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 10:21:47 pm »
YAYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D I can help with stuff! I love to write!!! I can write a blog and big pawpedia info, no problem. Just so long as this awesome site is up and alive. I'm so happy, I jumped into the kitchen and started dancing only to find my parents staring at me.  :D Who cares?! Yeah, BPO! Yeah, Michael and Jaime!!!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 10:29:00 pm »
YAYYYYY!from Bella and I also!
I haven't been here long but I would miss it terribly!
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 11:13:49 pm »
YEAH!!!   ;DGreat news!  I can do blogging if needed!
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006, 06:42:02 am »
However I can help, just let me know.

Lisa

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2006, 07:37:26 am »
YAY!  I haven't been here long, but I would go crazy if I didn't have this place!  It is as vital to me as my morning coffee, and thats pretty important!    If anyone would like to write for the blog or pedia, but has issues with writing or spelling, I am a pretty fair editor, and would love to contribute in any way I can. 

Weedsport, NY

Kiahpyr

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2006, 07:38:29 am »
Count me in too!!! I'll be happy to help out!