Author Topic: Blog questions  (Read 5755 times)

doggylover

Blog questions
« on: July 23, 2006, 09:40:50 am »
I have two questions for anyone who knows anything puter related.  First, what is the difference between a blog, and pawpedia.  Second, is there a way to know how many people have read a blog?  It would be helpful for me to know when things I have written are being ignored vs. enjoyed; in terms of directing what and how I write. 
Thanks!
Ronda

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Blog questions
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 09:45:55 am »
Isn't pawpedia sort of like an encyclopedia.. .taking a term and defining it?

As I understand a blog, it is more about articles that people can respond to...

That being said, these are just guesses and I'm sure there are those (well, just about anybody!!! ::)) who know far more

DakotaMom

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 09:47:07 am »
Hi Ronda, I think the Pawpedia has to do with characteristic s of the different breeds while the blog is about things that we as dog owners might find interesting.

I can't help with your other question.

doggylover

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 09:49:59 am »
hmmmmmm Thanks guys.  I'm sure this isn't too hard a thing for me to figure out for myself, I was just hoping for the fast food version!
:)

doggylover

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 12:18:20 pm »
I've looked and can't find anything that indicates how many times a blog is read.  I'm thinking now that it probably isn't really possible to know since they all run together on one page. 
That's OK, this way I can pretend that millions of people are waiting anxiously for my next blog!
 :D

Offline bigpawsadmin

• Michael~
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Dog Chomper
  • This is Bear
    • View Profile
    • Website - www.michaelandjaime.com
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 12:34:26 pm »
1st question was answered well... the blog is more like a magazine with articles where the big paw pedia is more of a reference of sorts. I can add a counter to each post so that you can draw a bit more information from it. I'll work on that tomorrow.

If for some reason you can't figure something out, or you need  a special tool like the above mentioned, let me know directly and I'll be your support.

Just trying to keep the bugs off the board!

doggylover

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 12:43:18 pm »
1st question was answered well... the blog is more like a magazine with articles where the big paw pedia is more of a reference of sorts. I can add a counter to each post so that you can draw a bit more information from it. I'll work on that tomorrow.

If for some reason you can't figure something out, or you need  a special tool like the above mentioned, let me know directly and I'll be your support.
SUPER COOL, THANKS~

Offline Aner

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 09:41:41 pm »
Maybe you can add a counter at the bottom, that shows how many people visited the site?  They have them free at some sites, but I don't know any of them lol