Author Topic: Update...BPO's Future!  (Read 23983 times)

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Update...BPO's Future!
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2006, 10:07:38 am »
I don't have a lot of free time, but I do enjoy writing and can probably put out a couple of 'articles' a month, although I'm not very familiar with blogging - point me in a direction and I'll give it a go, though.  Please let me know if this will help
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2006, 12:28:54 pm »
Wow!  I'm so glad to hear that this situation is working out!  I wonder if the pawpedia information could be gleaned from posts on here where people have asked about certain breeds...  Might take some searching to find some of those posts.  My time is sporadic.  When I feel ok, I have tons of things I really need to do.  When I'm struggling with my health, I have a lot of time where I can only sit so I could probably do some writing if it was needed.  I'll try to do some surfing next time I have some down time.
Daphne

doggylover

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2006, 04:59:43 pm »
Can someone who is more puter savy than I am (um 99% of you) tell me what the difference is between pawpedia and blogs?

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2006, 05:06:27 pm »
I've also been away from the computer for a few days (hard to imagine...I know) and am just now getting caught up on posts.  I don't have a lot of time to do heavy writing (nor do I really have the talent) but if there is a need for assistance moderating or anything, I'd be pleased to help out.  I'd also be fine with showing support through more formal membership too if that ever becomes a consideration.  I'm just echoing so many here when I say that BPO was/is a lifeline for me through Barkley's illness ... and has become a daily destination for me now.  Thanks Jaime, Michael and Amazing Bear!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2006, 07:59:16 pm »
I didn't think this online community would let you guys give up the site without tremendous support!! I am very happy to see people step up to the plate to help out in whatever way they can. I've been browsing, designing and participating with all things internet related for many years, and it was a long time ago that I gave up on online forums. I never liked the bad attitudes, arguing, flaming and trolls associated with them. It was not until Angus came into my life and I discovered this online community that I finally decided to take the plunge and register for another forum again. I absolutely love bigpawsonly and because of it I have a great realtionship with my big paw. I may not post in every topic, look at every picture, or offer any advice but I visit everyday and read just about every post and feel the laughter, the joy and the heartache. LONG LIVE BPO!! If ever you need html, css work done just let me know, it would be my pleasure.

Andreau

k2campbell

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2006, 10:27:09 pm »
WOW - I wasn't on BPO for a few days and OMG was I sad when I started reading the other post!!!

Jaime and Michael, this place is so awesome, and even though all the members/moterators are awesome too - it's your creation and you both love it SO MUCH, I would be so sad to see you let go of it :'(

SO - I'm VERY HAPPY to see everyone is willing to help out (I am also willing to help out too by the way ;)) YAY!!!

This place is a home to me, sometimes I don't know what I would do without BPO!  THANKS SO MUCH for everything BPO!!! ;D

Icerotti

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2006, 09:17:11 am »
I can help out too. Please let me know if you need help in a certain area. I would be more than willing to help.

Thank you Jamie and Michael for all that you do. We all understand that life just happens and other priorities arise. Sometimes in life it just gets so busy that there are just not enough hours in a day to meet our needs. Thank you for creating such a warm  and friendly environment for dog owners and lovers to meet. ;D

Offline BlackGreatF

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2006, 05:05:08 pm »
I LOVE THIS SITE! !

These members are the GREATEST!

I have nothing to offer...
Just my 2 cents

So, my 2 more says..
I give all the members BIG wet kisses... hee hee

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2006, 12:09:21 pm »
hey all, there was a request made somewhere to add a counter to the posts, and voila! it has appeared at the footer of every page below the copyrights.

Be back in a while..

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2006, 12:17:09 pm »
This site is so wonderful!  I'm so glad that things are OK and BPO is here to stay!!!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

doggylover

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2006, 03:52:43 pm »
COOL!  Thanks for the counter!  COOL!