Author Topic: My Indian braves ( :  (Read 3432 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

My Indian braves ( :
« on: July 21, 2006, 10:39:41 pm »
Russell asked me to paint him & his youngest K9 brother up as Indians...My skin kid held still for the works...I managed to get 1 stripe on Pippin before he had enough...Such a whiner! :D But, here are my Indian braves! :)

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: My Indian braves ( :
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 07:35:40 am »
Your kids are so creative and fun!  What a cool mom you are!  Great pic too! :D
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 10:11:03 am »
AW Great picture....Pip pen were you being a party pooper ;)

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 11:46:52 am »
HAHAHAHAA!!  But that ONE stripe is so cute!  You're such a great mom to let them excersize their creative side!!  ;D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 11:54:21 am »
Thanks for enjoying my little Indians! ;D i used to be alot more uptight with the kids...I grew up in a house that everything had to be just so & when the kids were small I started to parent in that same way & nobody had much fun including me...Then I started to ask myself "is what the kids want to do going to hurt anything or anybody"?...If the answer is "no" then we often go ahead & do it if we don't have other things that need done....Work comes before play here but the play is lots of fun even for Mama! ;D

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 12:14:25 pm »
Thanks for enjoying my little Indians! ;D i used to be alot more uptight with the kids...I grew up in a house that everything had to be just so & when the kids were small I started to parent in that same way & nobody had much fun including me...Then I started to ask myself "is what the kids want to do going to hurt anything or anybody"?...If the answer is "no" then we often go ahead & do it if we don't have other things that need done....Work comes before play here but the play is lots of fun even for Mama! ;D

I grew up the same way!!  It was horrible couldn't go outside to play cause I'd get dirty!  Couldn't do arts and crafts projects cause I'd get dirty!  So I'd spend all the time in my room playing barbies so I wouldn't get DIRTY! lol  It's so hard not to parent like that because it's all I know, but I do have to ask myself sometimes, "Would this be fun if I were a kid?"  Also, Tony grew up as a dirty kid so I've got him to put me in my place whenever I'm being uptight. LOL

« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 12:14:47 pm by Anakalia »

Nicole

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 12:21:10 pm »
Sometimes I wonder if I'm just rebelling against my childhood, but then I realize, "no...this is just cool." I try to let Molly do whatever sparks her interest, if, like Chelle said, it isn't hurting themselves or others. I want her to feel free to explore and discover. I'm such a different parent than mine.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 12:25:58 pm »
I'm such a different parent than mine.

Me too!...I let my dogs & kids dig in the yard in a dirt area that we delegated for digging...My dad would have had a stroke! :o Our yard looks like he** but we use & enjoy the he** out of it too! ;D