Author Topic: Rosie forever in my heart....  (Read 24597 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: Rosie forever in my heart....
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2006, 10:05:19 am »
I didn't mean to make ya' all cry...But I think the love Rosie had here is evident in those pics of my hubby with her...& I really feel bad the poor man was grasping at straws even more than I was to keep her alive if not here with us....It breaks my heart to think about...He drove to the vet's & had the window only rolled part way down for Rosie & when I finally convinced him she wouldn't jump out he rolled it down a little more he said, "If she jumps out I am not going to chase her...much." meaning he'd rather have given her the chance of making it on her own than to take her to her certain demise...Now, my hubby knows that is a terrible idea should she have jumped out but that's where his mind & heart was understandably ...I didn't really notice until after I posted those pics the way his hand was grasping her in the 2nd pic...I can see his pain all the way from his heart to his fingers trying to hang onto her. :'( :'( :'(

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2006, 10:34:11 am »
At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, I wanted to tell you what I thought when I saw those pics of your hubby and Rosie.  I thought they were heartbreakingl y beautiful.  You can see the pain that your whole family feels about losing Rosie in your hubby's face and see the pleasure that Rosie felt at being part of your family in her whole body.  It brought to mind my favorite Queen song about how "Pain is so close to pleasure".  For those of us who have been through this similar situation, those pictures sum up what we all feel at that point in time.  Thank you for posting them.

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2006, 10:54:02 am »
At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, I wanted to tell you what I thought when I saw those pics of your hubby and Rosie.  I thought they were heartbreakingl y beautiful.  You can see the pain that your whole family feels about losing Rosie in your hubby's face and see the pleasure that Rosie felt at being part of your family in her whole body. 

Kat
You nailed it..."heartbreakingl y beautiful"...You were able to put words to what we are seeing in those pics...Not only are you not an idiot you are obviously a sensative, beautiful & intelligent soul...I hope the people in your life recognize & appreciate that...I am sure your dogs do....Dogs recognize things for the very basis of what they are...That is why we love them so much. :)

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2006, 11:07:46 am »
So sorry, Chelle. You know the old saying..."a picture is worth a thousand words..."

Thank you for sharing.

Deena

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2006, 03:53:11 pm »
I'm so sorry that all of this happened. You don't have to be okay that she's gone just yet. That will take time. We understand. Other people should too. I can just see how much you all loved her. She will never forget you, and now she's in a better place. Thank you for showing us the pictures!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

kristi

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2006, 11:40:49 pm »
 :'( my heart is breaking for you - it is a hard decision to make...
Sampson & I send our love to you...
-k.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2006, 11:48:47 am »
Ty all for you unwavering & complete support this past while...I have seen people post that they could not have gotten through their dog's passing without the support here & now I fully understand how they feel...I'll save this thread & take it out & look at it when I am missing Rosie most...We had a good ride, Rosie & I & I hung on to the wheel to the very end & got her "home" safely...My regrets are few where my sweet girl is concerned & I strongly encourage you all to live each day with your fur babies like it might be the last...because it very well could be...When it is time to end the "ride" that you share with you fur friends & they are safely "home" & it's time to put 'er in park...be able to get out & walk away satisfied & content with the places you've both been, the things you've seen together & the time you shared...Your ride together may not take you to the place you started out to go but when you end up where you are be happy with where you've been...Live your life so you have no regrets...I honestly did with Rosie & that has made all the difference.... God bless you & yours today & always & again thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2006, 12:02:18 pm »
I have been afraid to open this because I knew the news it held.  I am so sorry for your loss but at the same time so happy and thankful for what Rosie gained through your familys unwavering love and devotion to her.
 :'( :'(
I needed a good cry today.  Goodbye Rosie.
I am kind of a big deal!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2006, 10:26:04 am »
Oh Chelle... I am sooo sorry to hear about Rosie.  I've had to excuse myself from my desk at work to wipe away the tears.  You did right by her and I know she will forever be greatful to the love you showed her.  Sending you hugs from me and Ranger Roo.

Godspeed sweet Rosie.  I hope you have found peace.

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2006, 09:04:26 pm »

I understand your lose and all I can say is was her time with you while she was with you worth the pain you feel now.
My answer is always yes,Even if it is in looking into a new puppy eyes,or when a rescue makes that magical connection,I know they will break my heart and I tell myself in a soft voice in my head and heart,they will make mw strong enough to bear it.

I hope this poem helps
Tricia/Magic

I stood by your bed last night,
I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying,
You found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly
As you brushed away a tear,
"It's me,I haven't left you,
I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here"

I was close to you at breakfast,
I watched you pour the tea,
You were thining of the many times,
Your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today,
Your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels,
I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today,
You tend it with such care.
I want to re-assure you,
That I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house,
As you fumbled for your key.
I gently put my paw on you,
I smiled and said "It's me."

You looked so very tired,
And sank into a chair,
I tried so hard to let you know,
That I was standing there.

It's possible for me,
To be so near you every day.
To say to you with certainty,
"I never went away."

You sat there very quietly,
Then smiled,I think you knew...
In the stillness of that evening,
I was very close to you.

The day is over...
I smile and watch you yawning,
And say,"good-night,God Bless,
I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you,
To cross the brief divide,
I'll rush across to greet you,
And we'll stand,side by side.

I have so many things to show you,
There is so much for you to see.
Be patient, live your journey out...

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2006, 10:00:30 am »
Wow...Im sitting at work right now with thears just pouring down my face. I also do not know this dog but Im heartbroken for you. I cant imagine losing my Gus, but it's good to know we have such amazing support here at BPO with others who understand exactly what you are going thru and can help mend a little bit. That last poem was beautiful, and perfect I must say. You are in my thoughts ans Gus' as well.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2006, 07:07:40 pm »
I am not ready to do Rosie's Rainbow Bridge page just yet becaue it would be too sad...She was a goofy girl who deserves some laughter for her special page & I'll get to that another time...We were blessed to have Rosie put up the "I am now accepting attention sign" about an hour before her appointment so I feel lucky for that!...We got to play with her & love on her & so did Sam & Pippin...We gave her some treats that she normally didn't get...We were a tad late for her appointment because one of the very few times her tail would wag high in the air was when she got to hang her head out the window on a ride...She was enjoying it so much we took the scenic route then doubled back & did it again...She would also wag her tail high when she played with Sam & Pippin or was barking at the fence but never, not one time in 6 months & 2 weeks did she ever wag her tail high for us...It was always a scared tail wag where the tail is down...Rosie left this world that was so cruel to her with her head in my lap & me stroking her head while I sang our special Rosie song & told her what a good girl she was & how much I admired her courage...She also left us knowing that I was a better person because she graced our lives at all...Here are a couple of pics from today...My life has changed because of my sweet scarred girl & I am eternally greatful...RIP sweet Rosie...Stay & wait for me lovely girl...I promise I won't be too long.
It has bothered me since I made this post that Rosie has not gotten the "Rainbow Bridge" post due to her...I've yet to feel my way to make it happier even though she deserves it...This is as far as I've gotten...
She was, I laughed, I worried, I laughed, I cried, My heart broke, I worried, I found what is right hurt badly, I grew...I cried, I started to let go...I grieved, I cried, I miss her yet I smile...She changed my life...I am forever grateful...She is...inside of me...always... because she was.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2006, 07:11:39 pm »
I'm speechless!  That is such a touching eulogy.  You have put it so beatifully

...She is...inside of me...always... because she was.

And she mattered to you; and to us.  Thanks for taking us on that journey with you.  She is with us as well....