Author Topic: "The Big Paws We Have Known"  (Read 16611 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: "The Big Paws We Have Known"
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2006, 07:46:52 am »
If you will be attending the meeting this evening, please email or pm me with your user name/reg. name at PalTalk. I need it before 5:30pm CST.

I have had a few people notify me that they are unable to attend. Only one person can make it. So, unless more of you are able the meeting, may have to be tabled until we can get a 50% turn out. Fifteen people contacted me wanting to contribute, and 2 maybes. Unfortunately, I just do not have the time to contact and discuss things individually back and forth with all of you, so an initial meeting is necessary.

I will post this evening should the meeting need to be rescheduled.

Thank you,
Deena

Modified due to counting error.
Um, Deena...I just sent you an e-mail...The annual Doggy Dip is tonight & Pippin needs the socialization on that level & I need to evaluate Sheba in the same situation to see what we might have to work on...Can we just reschedule?

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2006, 08:16:01 am »
Chelle, I think the meeting needs to be cancelled/tabled until further notice... :(

For all of you who expressed interest and anyone else, if you still wish to write a chapter for this project/book, you must participate in an initial meeting. (That means loading up PalTalk, sending me your user name, and attending the meeting.) I will schedule an initial meeting after I have heard from at least 10 of the seventeen people who posted or pm'd who showed interest. The meeting will be scheduled so that a minimum of 8 people can attend, and a follow up meeting will be arranged for those who miss. You will need to follow minimal guidelines and meet the deadline. That's all. Hopefully, maybe in a couple of weeks or a month, everyone's schedule will settle down with summer winding down?

Thank you to everyone who did take the time to download PalTalk and send me your user name! It was greatly appreciated.

Deena

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2006, 08:22:52 am »
I'm sorry Deena...Let me know where we go from here..k? :)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2006, 08:28:48 am »
Well, I guess that leaves me out as I don't have a computer that is "mine" and therefore am unable to download anything.  I look forward to hearing of the progress of this idea, as I think it's a very good one so please keep everyone posted!!  Good luck
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2006, 08:44:10 am »
Chelle, don't be sorry.

For now, we just have to wait for people to respond. You know sometimes you want to do something, but realize after you spoke up that you just do not have the time, or maybe just not the time now. Hopefully enough people are interested enough to find the time to attend a meeting sometime in the near future.

Have fun tonight at the doggie dip! ;D

Deena

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2006, 09:20:00 pm »
Chelle, don't be sorry.

For now, we just have to wait for people to respond. You know sometimes you want to do something, but realize after you spoke up that you just do not have the time, or maybe just not the time now. Hopefully enough people are interested enough to find the time to attend a meeting sometime in the near future.

Have fun tonight at the doggie dip! ;D

Deena
Thanks Deena!...I posted about the Doggy Dip under Gr. Pyr pictures..I could not be more pleased at how it went!

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2006, 09:01:23 am »
I'm afraid I'll be getting tied up here soon. I've had a couple of pm's asking if they can get started writing.... ???  So, I will give you the following guidelines to get started. Once I have 8 people email me their chapter, we can meet at that point.  :) Hope this will help everyone to move forward.

1. Chapter should tell us about your dog from the time you had got him until he died. Show why you loved him by detailing some of those special moments you shared, or in detail one moment.
2. Double space.
3. Use a size 14, Times New Roman font.
4. Twelve page min. plus 3 additional pages of photos. Forty page maximum, total photo/written combination.
5. Please EMAIL your completed chapter to me. Put "BPO book" in the subject box, so I don't accidentally delete it with junk mail.
6. Deadline: Dec. 22, 2006, unless otherwise posted. (May be extended, but will not be moved up.)

Since no one was able to make a meeting, I would greatly appreciate it if you could post or pm if you are still interested. ;D

Thanks,
Deena

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2006, 02:56:15 am »
Bump

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2006, 06:11:08 am »
I am still interested Deena!...Thanks for bumping this back up...I've had a lousy head cold & missed it when you posted yesterday.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2006, 06:13:42 am »
I am still interested in contributing a chapter also.  Thanks for the specs!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2006, 11:00:09 pm »
Bump again...

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2006, 04:20:04 am »
I'm still interested too! :)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2006, 05:16:29 am »

I have so been MIA I would love to do one for Dilbert. What a wonderful idea! I am going to get started ASAP.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)