Author Topic: IW Legacies  (Read 11122 times)

Offline IWBabette

• Gnawer
  • Otis the Otterhound
    • View Profile
IW Legacies
« on: March 17, 2005, 09:43:44 pm »
Check this out for our beloved Gentle Giants.
 http://www.akc.org/enewsletter/yourakc/2005/march/irish_breeds.cfm

Cathy and Otis the Otterhound (the one with the BIG paws!)
Some of the warmest feelings come from a cold wet nose and an Otterhound's sloppy beard!

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
Re: IW Legacies
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 06:01:03 pm »
Great article  I LOVE the wolfhounds!!

Offline Wildlonewolf

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Lucy Sue!!
    • View Profile
    • Windsor Cheapcycle
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 02:44:40 pm »
They are a great breed.... so gentle... Lucy has a irsh wolfhound boyfriend she plays with occasionally at the dog park. That's a great article!!!

Great article  I LOVE the wolfhounds!!

Offline Ravensbrooke

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 07:13:14 am »
Hello, forgot I had signed up for this forum and then found it again....I love the picture of the black newf by the way....I watch an old boy across the street from work make his way outside to do his business and hang out under the tree.. I think he is about 11 or 12 years old- maybe older.  It's amazing. 

I read ya'll posts about the true Gentle Giants of the dog world.  I am lucky enough to have one in my life and she is that.  I lost her brother last summer to osteosarcoma.. he was not quite 5.  This is the part that makes you wonder if you are strong enough to do it again.  Their life span is relatively short...6.5 years average.   When you first get that 12 week old puppy, those just seem like numbers in the distant future.  Then, when it catches up with you...your heart begins to break and you just don't know what to do.  I waited all of my life for my first Irish Wolfhound.. Sampson was everything you would want a hound to be...he was my hearthound and can never be replaced.  I have other sweet furkids in my life.. we have two borzoi girls, Chloe, my IW and two standard poodles.   Hope to be able to participate more...

Offline wally big dog

• Gnawer
  • this youngster is now a big strappin' 1 year old.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 09:44:38 am »
 8) yes. like you I also signed on and then forgot about this site. but i truly understand what you mean about losing your hearthound, Sampson. i am just approaching "flo"s 1st year of passing on.(May 21,2004). gads, i was a mess leading up to her euthanisa. she had contracted a fast-moving disease which took her in 6 mos.i had to learn how to drive w/out her after she was gone. As she was my hearthound and went everywhere with me.,including work .
                               wally big dog
iwtoto's mama- in memory of the sweetest, most innocent hound i ever met, floydette 12-2-98   -  05-21-04   r.i.p
wally with a great big ol' hound!

"ginger rogers did everything fred astaire did, only she did it in high heels, while dancing backwards"