Author Topic: Midwest Meet-n-Greet...its coming fast!  (Read 46908 times)

Nicole

Midwest Meet-n-Greet...its coming fast!
« on: July 25, 2006, 09:36:28 am »
Hello friends and neighbors! Nicole here your friendly neighborhood meet-n-greet hostess here!

Ok. First I'd like to say that I'm totally jazzed about all of this and can't WAIT to meet all of you and your dogs! And get to hang out with those of you that I have met and am happy to call my friends!

I would like to firm up plans since its coming soon. Let's try to make this thread super organized, so that we can all quickly glance and see what's up.

First thing, Schedule. I am going to post what I think is happening, please correct me if I've gotten it wrong.

Friday:

-Meet at Stella and Dale's campsite for a hobo dinner, cooked by Lin's hubby.
 Nicole:Taters, Corn and Onions
 Lin:Pork Chops
 April:paper/plastic dinner wear
 Lin's hubby:a big ol' pot and some mad cookin' skills
 Megan:S'mores stuff

Saturday:
 -Beach!!! Meet at Nicole and Julie's campsite and we'll caravan down there. Nicole, Julie, Megan and Molly will go to the beach early and bring stuff (tables, chairs, etc.) down there. I'm thinking about trying to figure out a way to bring some umbrellas or something down there for shade for the dogs.

Food:We haven't officially discussed this yet. I think that a good idea would be for everyone to bring what they need for their doggers (water, etc.) and sandwiches/snacks that they would like to have on the beach. I think that it would be easier to coordinate this way. Perhaps bring what you'd like to eat, and a little extra, so that we can swap and share? I will definitely have a cooler, and it would probably be better with several. I will try to locate several, so that you guys driving a good distance don't have to bring them. I know that my parents have a ton and would probably be willing to share. My mom is going to be there anyway, so I'm sure it will be no big deal. Please weigh in on this (food situation), guys!!!  :)

Saturday Night:
-Once again, this hasn't been discussed. I'm thinking something simple like burgers/hot dogs, etc. Here's another spot for everyone to weigh in.

Sunday:
-Ok. So, I propose we leave this day kind of loosely planned. I know that many people will be leaving. So, why don't we just sort of play this one by ear? Those of us that want to can spend more time at the beach, maybe go out to dinner, maybe have a cook-out at my house? Once again, can I get a hollah about these ideas?  ;)

In closing:
Please! If I have left anything out, let me know! I'm sure that there are a ton of things that I'm not thinking of. If anyone has any questions about the area, the facilities, the accomodations, ANYTHING, please; let me know. I'm here for you!  :) :)

Oh, and did I mention that I'm GEEKED?!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 09:37:51 am by Nicole »

Nicole

Re: Midwest Meet-n-Greet...its coming fast!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 11:40:10 am »
Great, Liz! Everyone put what they're brining, and at the end of this (in a few days) I'll summarize with bullet points and what-not.

Oh, and of course there will be room, Liz! I'm snagging two sites! And its OK. Leave the boys to sleep. They're less cranky that way, and we won't have to put them down for a nap later, ya know?

GR8DAME

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 12:21:12 pm »

Thought for Saturday supper. If we want to meet back at our campsites ( Lins, us and April) we will be happy to host liz's weenies, and WDale and I will bring burgers, buns and a pasta salad, maybe some chips? The camper is pretty much stocked with the comforts of home so cooking is a breeze, and has a fridge for the meat. This way all everyone has to bring is something to drink and we will be set. Let me know.
Stella

Offline -Molly-

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 12:23:19 pm »
Where the HECK are the pudgie pies?!?!?!?! HMMM?!?!?!?! >:( You know how I feel about my pudgie pies mom! lol! ;D  ;)
Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 01:34:11 pm »
I'll be there friday night around 6 or 7 and leaving after breakfast on sunday. The only thing I would need to know is where the nearest store is and directions. Also the finally number of people so I know how many plates and stuff to bring.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 01:41:18 pm »
For a minute I got all excited today & posted that Randy & I would come up for the day on Fri....He even wanted to come!...Then I found out nobody was meeting until Fri. evening so I deleted my post...I am bummed! :(

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 02:21:03 pm »

Thought for Saturday supper. If we want to meet back at our campsites ( Lins, us and April) we will be happy to host liz's weenies, and WDale and I will bring burgers, buns and a pasta salad, maybe some chips? The camper is pretty much stocked with the comforts of home so cooking is a breeze, and has a fridge for the meat. This way all everyone has to bring is something to drink and we will be set. Let me know.
Stella
you're hosting whose weenies? 

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 02:30:54 pm »
Where is the meet n greet and how far from Chicago is it?
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

GR8DAME

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 02:32:39 pm »
I'll need the final number of people to get the right amount of hot dogs.  I figure 2 costco packages which is 6 normal packages???  Just let me know...if I bring 3 or 4 and its too much, someone can just bring them home with them :)

I'll also get chips and stuff.  We'll have the SUV packed to the brim :)

Liz's weenies, and throw in some burgers as well. For Saturday?? evening, I think. Darn it now I am confused!
Stella

GR8DAME

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 02:35:48 pm »

We are in two different campgrounds a stone's throw from Michigan City Indiana. It is about 1 1/2 hrs from Chicago. Come join us, it will be a blast!
Stella

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 02:44:16 pm »
Ok, for now I will play it by ear.  If I do come I will bring something to contribute.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline -Molly-

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2006, 02:52:49 pm »
It's about 2 hours away from Chicago. I'm not exactly where it's going to be though....
Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2006, 03:52:30 pm »
ooo maybe I'll bring stuff to make mexican corn on the cob... it's sooooo yummy!! I have to ask my mom first.
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Nicole

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2006, 04:09:44 pm »
Where the HECK are the pudgie pies?!?!?!?! HMMM?!?!?!?! >:( You know how I feel about my pudgie pies mom! lol! ;D  ;)

Absolutely! We will bring Pudgie Pie makers for Saturday night. THe possibilites are endless for fillings. We'll bring some stuff for fillings, probably pizza type stuff.

Nicole

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2006, 04:12:28 pm »

Hey Emily! It is about one hour East of Chicago, in Chesterton, IN. There is another thread that gives all the details, let me see if I can find it and post the link.