Author Topic: Seminars and Expos  (Read 1643 times)

Offline luvmenewfs

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Seminars and Expos
« on: June 09, 2005, 07:42:10 pm »
Hope it's alright to post this...

Wow. An artsy fartsy business group I'm on sent through a link to dog seminars (several have dogs, are trainers, or make things for dogs). Anyway,
I had a look around and this is a really neat idea. It has a lot of potential. You set up a booth and you can also charge for some of your seminars and whatever if you want. It would be a great way to make some funds for rescue or clubs, or groomers, or whatever. Or use for educational purposes.
You have to sign up:

http://co-opworld.com/dogsexhibit.html

I did and it was free and painless!
This weekend is an expo. The following free seminars are slated over this weekend. Thought someone might be interested.
Raising a Puppy (Friday)
The Alpha Role in the Family Pack/Part 1 (Sat)The Alpha Role in the Family Pack/Part 2 (Sat) Bringing Home a Rescu(Sat)
Training vs. Behavior Modification(Sun)
Dog Gear...What Works and What's Garbage (Sun)
Working on the Chain Gang...Hazards of Chaining Your Dog (Sun)

Once you sign up, if you snoop around...you'll find the ground floor. You'll see community rooms...and then a list of actual breeds. The Newfoundland room is actually looking for some volunteer moderators for chats rooms and other things. I didn't check it out totally. I don't really have time to volunteer for anything at the moment!!

But, it sure looks like a great opportunity to educate the public big dogs.  So thought I would post this god awful lengthy message in case someone was interested!!
Thanks for listening!!
Robin