Author Topic: Very Sad Right About Now...  (Read 6977 times)

k2campbell

Very Sad Right About Now...
« on: July 25, 2006, 07:10:51 pm »
As some of you know, Eric and I have been trying for a child for over a year and a half.  Last week, we were blessed with the news that I was 6 weeks pregnant, we were on top of the world.  I don’t believe either of us had ever been that happy before.  I couldn’t wait to tell all of BPO once we made it past the 12th week (1st trimester)…

But it was short-lived, on Sunday I miscarried… :'(

We understand that a miscarriage is ‘nature’s way’, but it doesn’t make this any easier, for now anyhow.  I suppose going through this now is better than dealing with a potentially very sick child after birth.  But it’s still so very hard… :-[

Eric and I have been leaning on each other, crying together, wondering ‘what might have been’ together, I know that we will get through this together.  Kate has also been such a doll – it’s as if she knows.  She will not leave my side, even when I go to the bathroom (nothing like trying to take a pee with her sitting right in front of you – staring at you in the face) ::) She is such a good girl and is definitely helping us get through this…  :)

Of course we will try for children again, as soon as we can, but it’s still devastating.  This has also affected our summer plans, as we are now most likely going to cancel our trip to PEI next month.  I have always had trouble after flying, in regards to ‘woman issues’ (sorry all you BPO men).  After flying, I most often don’t get a ‘that time of the month time’ for months following the flight(s).  My doctor would rather I not fly, considering what my body has just gone through... 

BUT - as much as 'most likely' having to cancel our trip sucks, Eric and I are surprisingly alright with it, as we both figure having some ‘just us time’ will be a good thing.  We do still have 12 days booked off, so we may just pack up the tent trailer and go camping in BC or something, along with Kate of course  ;)

I don’t mean to rain on anyone’s parade, but wanted to let my BPO family know, as I haven’t been on much lately.  I’ll be back soon, and periodically in between - we’re just trying to get through this for now.

Take care,
Kelly, Eric and Kate

MommyOfSchnauzers

Re: Very Sad Right About Now...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 07:15:44 pm »
 :'(  I am so sorry for your loss, Kelly.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 07:16:55 pm »
I'm so sorry Kelly! I had a miscarriage over Easter, so I know what you're going through. If you would like to talk pm me.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 07:20:59 pm »
I'm so sorry, Kelly!  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 07:23:29 pm »
I am so very sorry!  You had the hopes and dreams right there only to have them dashed.  I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you work through this.  Hugs to you!
Daphne

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 07:24:11 pm »
Kelly...I'm so sorry for the loss that both you and Eric are experiencing right now.  Doug and I have journeyed that unfortunate bumpy road as well, and being able to lean on each other (and your big dawg) certainly helps.  You're all in my prayers.
Sandy 
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 07:27:39 pm »
Kelly,

I've set here and thought this over and over trying to decide wether to post this or not.  The thought wont go away so here goes.

Have you ever had a thought that entered your head and you had no idea where it came from?  I dont want to upset you but I feel a very strong need to pass that thought on to you.

Your child was here long enough to whisper to you that you are loved, embrace it.

No conclusions, just that thought.  Perhaps Kate heard that whisper.

Prayers on the wind for you and yours.
Jackie
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 07:34:24 pm »
We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

doggylover

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 07:41:53 pm »
Kelly, I'm just so very sorry.  This time it was not meant to be.  I believe you will have your child; he or she is just really super busy right now, and wasn't ready to come to you.  You are too good a person to not share that with a child. 
All of us are here for you, if you need to talk privately.  I'm so sorry. 
Ronda

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 07:54:46 pm »
You have my deepest sympathies during this time.  I sympathize with your feelings, my Sammy started his life within me alongside his identical twin.
No words will make you feel better or take away the pain of your loss.  All I can add is for you and Eric to let yourselves feel it, and to allow yourselves to grieve.  We are all here if you need a place to vent your feelings, and just to "get it out". 
I am glad you guys are taking time out to lean on each other and taking the steps put the pieces back together with each other.  Be each other's strength and you will get through it a little at a time.
You, Eric, and your angel are in my thoughts and all of my prayers.
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 07:59:16 pm »
I'm very sorry for your loss. I wish I had the words to say to make you feel better, but I don't. But please know that I am very sorry this happened. Hugs from me and slobbers from Zoey and Dolly.
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2006, 08:20:47 pm »
I am very sorry for your loss Kelly. I like to think that when this happens, there is a precious soul waiting to be born to you, and this is just it's way of telling you that it wants a little more time to get itself ready for such a wonderful family
RIP former BPO

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2006, 08:32:24 pm »
I'm very sorry for your loss. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 08:33:40 pm by nohesnotahorse »
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2006, 08:40:16 pm »
Kelly and Eric I am so sorry for your loss.  As you mentioned the time you will have with each other will help you heal.  My thoughts are with you.

k2campbell

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2006, 08:56:30 pm »
Eric and I both went from being on an absolute high - to the very lowest of lows, all within a matter of days... 

Your kind and soulful words are touching, and we appreciate everyone's support from the bottom of our hearts...

Thank you BPO.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 08:57:11 pm by k2campbell »