Author Topic: Name the breed -- looks a lot like Einstein!  (Read 7750 times)

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
Name the breed -- looks a lot like Einstein!
« on: July 27, 2006, 05:18:13 am »
Came across this sweetheart -- wanted to get your input.  Anyone want to venture a guess as to her pedigree?  They always put "Pyrenees" when a big dog has long white hair.

Mattie
Dog

Georgetown Animal Outreach
Georgetown, TX
512-863-6006
txcodigirl@gmail.com

Briard,Great Pyrenees Mix

Size: Large
Sex: Female
ID:

Notes: Mattie is indeed one of a kind, really something else -- yes, that's a briard or sheepdog or a wolfhound head, and indeed we see the great pyrennes (briard again?) looking toes on the back feet, it might be an anatolian shepherd tail -- who really knows, and who cares. Maybe a "briahound" - a new designer breed! She's a beautiful white dog with a loving, unique face. Mattie had a really rough go of it. She was living all on her own, surviving under bad conditions, until a kind person finally convinced her to trust him. Luckily he works at a vet clinic, so took her in and transformed her from a matted (thus the name), thin, lonely girl to a beautiful, healthy dog ready for her new home. She had heartworms (those have been treated -- hooray!), needed to be spayed (now she is, another hooray), and was so skinny. Her coat was a mess, so all was shaved but the fabulous face. Mattie is a bit scared of other dogs, so will probably do best in a home as an 'only dog'. She's calm, walks nicely on a leash, and just wants to be with people. If you could provide this unique girl with the loving she deserves (after such a long wait), we'd love to introduce her to you.

This pet is up to date with routine shots.
This pet has been altered.

Sarah

doggylover

Re: Name the breed -- looks a lot like Einstein!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 05:26:25 am »
Wow that is a sweet looking dog.  Is Einstein getting a girlfriend?  I don't know what she is, but I do know she is adorable. 
:)

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 05:31:36 am »
Gosh she is cute and would be a perfect match for Einstein ;)

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 05:34:37 am »
hey hey hey now -- watch it!  don't encourage me!

Yes, I'm looking for a third for our little duet.  Except I'm not sure another long-haired white dog is really what I need ( I HATE vacuuming).

Of course what I started out looking for was a laid-back, adult German Shepherd who loves kids.

See what happens when you open that Pandora's Box of PETFINDER?
Sarah

doggylover

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 05:37:09 am »
hey hey hey now -- watch it!  don't encourage me!

Yes, I'm looking for a third for our little duet.  Except I'm not sure another long-haired white dog is really what I need ( I HATE vacuuming).

Of course what I started out looking for was a laid-back, adult German Shepherd who loves kids.

See what happens when you open that Pandora's Box of PETFINDER?
Peronally if I was going to rescue, I would ONLY ciew dogs that matched what I wanted, or else my heart would break and I'd end up with 12 of them!  Yeah, they really ought to call it 'Pandoga's box' or something similiar instead of petfinder...

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 01:37:31 pm »
Could she have some Bearded Collie in her? That's the only thing I can think of.
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."