Author Topic: Saludos! Pascua pup & parents are new here  (Read 11641 times)

Offline Pascua's momma

• Gnawer
  • Pascua@4.5 mo(Feb)malshepakita?beautifulmutt!
    • View Profile
Saludos! Pascua pup & parents are new here
« on: July 28, 2006, 09:44:22 am »
Hi I've skimmed through Big Paws for advice ever since and right before we came home with Pascua -who keeps growing - he's a big dog but don't think he'll be a giant dog unless he grows into his huge paws. We really do not know the mix of breeds he is since he was a rescue found by himself. He definitely has northern dog characteristic s. Any other big dog mutts?

doggylover

Re: Saludos! Pascua pup & parents are new here
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 10:00:56 am »
Hi I've skimmed through Big Paws for advice ever since and right before we came home with Pascua -who keeps growing - he's a big dog but don't think he'll be a giant dog unless he grows into his huge paws. We really do not know the mix of breeds he is since he was a rescue found by himself. He definitely has northern dog characteristic s. Any other big dog mutts?

HAHAHA this place is 'rampant' with big dog mutts!  We WUV mutts!

Welcome to the board!  As you have seen from checking BPO out, this is a wonderful warm place!  I am Ronda and my dogs are Badger the stinky rotty, and Gossy the prissy bullmastiff!

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 10:14:26 am »
Welcome to Big Paws! I'm Marissa, mom to Zoey an Alaskan Malamute and Dolly a Saint Bernard. Your pup is a real cutie. My dog before the 2 I have know was a mutt and was the best boy ever. Mixes are great!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

DakotaMom

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 10:22:05 am »
Welcome to the group. I am Denise and i'm the proud owner of a Mutt. Dakota is a 5 year old neutered Newf/Lab mix. He is the only man in my life after my husband.

I am also owned by two Leonberger girls. Jade is spayed and 1-1/2 years old. Nani is our breeding hopeful and she is almost nine months.

We love to see pictures so don't hold back.

doggylover

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 10:26:11 am »
Welcome to the group. I am Denise and i'm the proud owner of a Mutt. Dakota is a 5 year old neutered Newf/Lab mix. He is the only man in my life after my husband.

I am also owned by two Leonberger girls. Jade is spayed and 1-1/2 years old. Nani is our breeding hopeful and she is almost nine months.

We love to see pictures so don't hold back.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL Denise that pic is SO undignified!  You really should put some clothes on that poor boy!

Offline Pascua's momma

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 10:29:25 am »
Thanks everyone for greeting us - all of your pups are "awesome" as my new hubbie would say. we are off for a walk in our neighborhood with Pascua - we have to make sure he's around other people each day to continue socializing him.  So is there an average time for a bigger pup to stop growing? just wondering.  I've only had smaller-medium dogs in the past.  Take care!

kristi

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 10:32:29 am »
Welcome!
I'm Kristi, & I have Sampson an 8yr. Bullmastiff.
Pascua is adorable! His name means "easter" -right?

This is a great group - lots of information & experience!
Looking forward to seeing more pics of Pascua!
-k.

Offline My Friend Joey

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kuvasz/Pyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 10:41:19 am »
 :)I just wanted to say that your pup is extremely cute. You are going to love it here! Have fun,
Georgi and my (still a puppy), Joey
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~Unknown

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 11:34:56 am »
Welcome to BPO!  I'm Melissa, or Mel to most. ;)  I'm Mommy of Dazy, the 1 year old Giant Schnauzer and Ladybug, the 4 year old Mini Schnauzer with the GIANT attitude! lol  I also am Mommy to an 8 year old daughter and I have a husband that lurks around here from time to time as well. 

I think it's pretty common for most larger type dogs to continue to grow until 2 or so years of age. ????????  Anyone may correct me if I'm wrong on that though. Best of luck with the new love of your life.  (both of them! lol )

Offline Pascua's momma

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 11:49:14 am »
Hi Kristi - My husband (then fiance) the spanish language newbie (i'm bilingual) looked in the dictionary and saw that Pascua meant both Easter and Passover (a combination of the 2 of us). Sampson's a handsome boy!

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 11:53:46 am »
My malamute they said should stop growing at 18 months old, and I think they're right. However, my Saint won't stop til she's 2. I definitely think Pascua has mal in him and German Shepherd. He's a cutie, that's for sure!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2006, 11:55:42 am »
I saw your avatar of Pascua as a puppy and I had to say Welcome!  Pascua is a beautiful dog.  THOSE EARS ARE HUMONGOUS!!! Hope you have fun here!!!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 11:56:02 am by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Pascua's momma

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 12:27:25 pm »
I saw your avatar of Pascua as a puppy and I had to say Welcome!  Pascua is a beautiful dog.  THOSE EARS ARE HUMONGOUS!!! Hope you have fun here!!!

thank you for the welcome - luckily he's grown into his ears but not his paws yet. 

Offline Pascua's momma

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2006, 12:36:09 pm »
My malamute they said should stop growing at 18 months old, and I think they're right. However, my Saint won't stop til she's 2. I definitely think Pascua has mal in him and German Shepherd. He's a cutie, that's for sure!

Hmmm so Pascua might end up being 100lbs - well more to love.  By the way my husband was very taken by Zoey when I showed him her pictures.  what a great twosome you have there.

Offline Pascua's momma

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2006, 12:43:21 pm »
Welcome to BPO!  I'm Melissa, or Mel to most. ;)  I'm Mommy of Dazy, the 1 year old Giant Schnauzer and Ladybug, the 4 year old Mini Schnauzer with the GIANT attitude! lol  I also am Mommy to an 8 year old daughter and I have a husband that lurks around here from time to time as well. 

I think it's pretty common for most larger type dogs to continue to grow until 2 or so years of age. ????????  Anyone may correct me if I'm wrong on that though. Best of luck with the new love of your life.  (both of them! lol )

thank you Mel - we are a happy new family here plus 2 kitties who hopefully will get used to Pascua.  Pascua met an intact mini Schnauzer at the dog park the other day who -let's say gave him a very hard time ;(  His mom finally had to leave with him since he kept going for Pascua.  I swear Pascua doesn't know how big he is and he's very tolerant!