Author Topic: Loveable large breeds  (Read 16753 times)

Offline walnutcreekbernese

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Loveable large breeds
« on: March 15, 2005, 12:45:05 pm »
Autumn is awesome loving pup and very exciting girl!! - Everything you would expect a berner to be. Half of the time she minds very well, the other half she is so excited to see another dog or a person no amount of commands reaches her ears. She is oblivious to the sound of my voice - She'll run to an individual, tail wagging so hard and sometimes she knock few things off the coffee table from her tail.  :D

I really love dogs especially large breeds - Autumn is the only one as a large pup in the family home with other 5 dogs which is a chihuahua, 2 maltese and 2 black labradors - I was going to get a new foundland last year before I pick Autumn (bernese) but it was hard to pick which one first then get another different breed at the next stage  :-\ which is a New foundland or St Bernard maybe a Samoyed otherwise Pyrenean Mountain Dog  ;) - I had met each different breed at the dogs show - each breeds have a wonderful personality. ;) - One of my friend have a huge black newfie which he is now weight 85kg - A large newfie I ever met!!

PHOTO: 9 puppies from a litter - Autumn is in the 3rd pup from left row to right - She is bigger in the litter and lovely temperament - She is my first show pup!!

Offline anniemae

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Autumn
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 05:34:19 pm »
 Autumn  is a beautiful girl..love her name! I am getting a berner in 3 weeks, can't wait!   I'll keep you posted!

Ann Marie

Offline lburrell

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: Loveable large breeds
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 09:38:55 am »
Ann Marie....enjoy your new puppy.  They are the GREATEST!!  My hubby wanted a newf and I wanted a Berner...you can see which we chose!  Now hubby can't imagine ever having anything but Berners!  I love my Loveable Large Breed Boy!!

Offline GDAWG

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 10:45:56 am »
You made a wise choice  ;)

Berners are loveable, gentle, giants....at least my boy is  :D

They are smart too. Moose didn't need much training at all. He is very eager to please me, especially when snacks are at stake!

We lived with a Newf for 10 months. A wee too slobbery, but a cute fluff head!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 10:50:07 am by GDAWG »

Offline jmclaughlin21

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 07:43:55 pm »
Their is no substitute for a bernese. The newfie's and the great pyrennes are not dry mouthed and shed significantly more than a bernese. They don't have the comical personality of a Bernese either. It is also much easier to train a bernese. I have a Bernese that is 180 lbs. One of the biggest ones I have ever seen. He looks like a black bear. Good luck.

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 07:50:45 pm »
Wow JM, I'd love to see a picture of this big Berner you have!  I have a very drooly and shedding Saint Bernard that I love to pieces, but see where you are coming from if you can't handle that sort of thing.  I noticed you just joined today and want to give you a big welcome!  This is a great board full of funny and caring people.  I'm sure you will appreciate the relaxed and friendly atmosphere here.  Don't forget to post pics of your pup!

Nats

dohertyswissy

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 08:27:47 pm »
I would love to see a picture.  I have a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog, the short-hair, larger brother of the Berner and Ranger is estimated to be 140-150 lbs.  Please post pics of your baby!

And Nat - I lovers LEO to PIECES!!

Heather