Author Topic: few pics of Pascua-poll:what mix breeds do you think he is?  (Read 10946 times)

Offline Pascua's momma

• Gnawer
  • Pascua@4.5 mo(Feb)malshepakita?beautifulmutt!
    • View Profile
Thanks for the welcome yesterday - here a few more pics of our fur child.

the most recent one is the one with him resting on the orange pillow. the one with his papa carrying him is from a couple of months ago. when his tails curls up he looks more northern dog or akita and when down he looks more shepherd.  he likes to chew on his bones on papa's legs.

doggylover

Re: few pics of Pascua-poll:what mix breeds do you think he is?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 11:17:46 am »
My first thought when I saw him was that he looked a LOT like a golden retreiver/rottweiler mix that I know.  I would actually be a little surprised if there wasn't rotty in there.  Maybe Rotty/German Shepherd?   

Ronda

Offline Pascua's momma

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 01:15:04 pm »
I think he looks like a siberian husky and german shepherd. He is so gorgeous!

Pascua says thanks for the compliment, your Danes are gorgeous as well. Maybe he has husky - we were thinking more mal because of his size but that could be the shepherd in him.   

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 03:40:00 pm »
I'm going to stick with my first guess. Alaskan Malamute definitely with German Shepherd. His weight and ears and tail and body reflect a Malamute, but his coloring and eyes look like a German Shepherd. Whatever he is, he's sure a cutie!

Here's a link to a dog that looks similar to Pascua and is a mix of what I said. What do you think?
http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=32730&j=t&t=t

And another;
http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=13645&j=t&t=t

Just my opinion though!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline Pascua's momma

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 04:49:10 pm »
I'm going to stick with my first guess. Alaskan Malamute definitely with German Shepherd. His weight and ears and tail and body reflect a Malamute, but his coloring and eyes look like a German Shepherd. Whatever he is, he's sure a cutie!

Here's a link to a dog that looks similar to Pascua and is a mix of what I said. What do you think?
http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=32730&j=t&t=t

And another;
http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=13645&j=t&t=t

Just my opinion though!

Oh WOW!!!!thank you so much  for the pictures - I think you win - case closed! so since you are owned by a mal  I may be asking you more questions about behavior. We really don't get to see many mals out here. It's so funny how things turn out - my husband and I love mals but we knew that the homeowner  wouldn't be as keen about a big dog.  the rescue shelter swore this gorgeous pup was a purebred keeshond but that he'd be 80lbs  - so we had our doubts since keeshonds are much smaller. Fortunately it all worked out with the homeowner - we would have moved with our pup!

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 05:12:43 pm »
Ask away! I don't mind a bit. He is so cute! I wish we lived closer so he could play with my girls! Alaskan Malamutes are a breed apart, as I'm sure you've discovered. They're not just regular dogs. They're loyal and loving, don't get me wrong. But if you don't want a dog that is going to logistically try to figure out why you told him to do what you told him to do and why it needs to be done now every single time you say something, it's not the breed for you! They think about everything! And you can just see in their bright little eyes how much they think! I love it, but it can make them so stubborn. Dolly's my easy fur child. And Zoey's my psycho one!!  :D I'm betting your boy will get up in the 80-85 pound range, but with German Shepherd in him maybe, it could vary. German Shepherds can be hyper too sometimes. I don't own one and never have, but I know someone who did. Great guard dog, but a little crazy at times! Oh well, sorry I made that so long! Guess it's just late and I'm just blabbering! Later!
Marissa

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 05:36:54 pm »
First off I am sorry I missed your welcome thread so welcome to BPO!...Glad to have you & your big handsome boy here!

I'm Chelle & my big guys are Samson (2 yrs) & Pippin (1 & 1/2 yrs.) both Great Pyrenees & we are adding a little Pyr girl to our family Thursday...Her name is Sheba & she is a rescue dog...Sheba is 5 months old.

I think your dog does have many Malamute traits & I can also see GSD...Whatever he is he is awesome!!

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 05:39:56 pm »
I agree.  His coloring, especially in his legs, and his eyes, look like my GSD's did. But his ears are too wide and short for a shepard, that to me is where he looks like a Mal.  Whatever he is, he's Gorgeous, makes you just want to snuggle in all that thick fur!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 05:44:34 pm »
I also missed your welcome post, so WELCOME!
I'm Tessie, mom to a Great Dane, Belladonna, and a cat, Mojo.
I have to agree with everything said.  He's gorgeous and sure does look a lot like a Mal/German Shephard mix!
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Offline Pascua's momma

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 08:30:24 pm »
Ask away! I don't mind a bit. He is so cute! I wish we lived closer so he could play with my girls! Alaskan Malamutes are a breed apart, as I'm sure you've discovered. They're not just regular dogs. They're loyal and loving, don't get me wrong. But if you don't want a dog that is going to logistically try to figure out why you told him to do what you told him to do and why it needs to be done now every single time you say something, it's not the breed for you! They think about everything! And you can just see in their bright little eyes how much they think! I love it, but it can make them so stubborn. Dolly's my easy fur child. And Zoey's my psycho one!!  :D I'm betting your boy will get up in the 80-85 pound range, but with German Shepherd in him maybe, it could vary. German Shepherds can be hyper too sometimes. I don't own one and never have, but I know someone who did. Great guard dog, but a little crazy at times! Oh well, sorry I made that so long! Guess it's just late and I'm just blabbering! Later!

Yup - we've noticed! you could have been describing our Pascua thinking away and taking his time. And yes he gets hyper sometimes (gs)  - he had his evening romp too late tonight and boy did we suffer for it.  I remember the first time he got those crazies the second night we had him and thinking - oh we're in for it!  but as long as he's well exercised he's pretty mellow.  he's also a guard dog which we really did not intend to have and why training is so important - he also has some fear of people (men, male teens, kids) - today there was a teenage boy who walked past and Pascua rushed to get in front of my husband and give his BIG barks - our friend who was there said that the kid smelled of pot and had already seemed nervous and was digging his hands into his pocket.  I guess Pascua sensed all of that.  Other than that he's a big sweetie-esp. with other dogs - oh i have to find a picture with his stuffed animal wolf pup that he likes to sleep with and carry out of his crate and thrash sometimes.
oops I carried on too long!  must sleep!

doggylover

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 10:59:17 am »
He is so darn cute I was hoping to claim him as a Rott...bummer.  I think you guys are right gsd/malamute....
 :'( ;D

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 12:47:47 pm »
He sounds like such an awesome dog. Mals are supposed to be naturally dog aggressive, especially males, so make sure you're socializing a ton right now with all the dogs you can and people and kids. Mals can be too much for kids sometimes. THey get so excited! Not mean, or anything. But they can jump (at least Zoey does) and hurt them with their big paws! So training and socialization is a must with a Mal, and also a German Shepherd. You don't want a guard dog trying to take out a new 5 year old who comes near you! Sounds like you're doing great with him though.
Marissa