Author Topic: Hi I'm new here...  (Read 6351 times)

Offline Elysia76

• Gnawer
  • Brody and the kids
    • View Profile
Hi I'm new here...
« on: August 01, 2006, 08:30:32 am »
Hi Everyone,
I'm new here and just thought I'd say hello and maybe a quick intro. My name is Elysia and I'm owned by a 4 year old boxer (we were told he's a mix)....named Brody. He is such a well behaved doggy. I really lucked out with him. (and by lucked out, I mean he's my first doggy as an adult, and he's pretty much a perfect angel!).We adopted him from a rescue four hours away in Provo, UT. I drove there TWICE to get him. lol. And I'd do it again. :0)

Can't wait to get to know you all. Thanks for allowing me to share.
Sincerely,
Elysia

Offline Elysia76

• Gnawer
  • Brody and the kids
    • View Profile
Re: Hi I'm new here...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 08:44:07 am »
Awww, what a cutie!  I love boxers, too!  It was my second choice breed, but when my hubster agreed to getting a Great Dane, it was all over.  I have now had danes for 20 years (currently have numbers 7, 8, and 9).  I still wouldn't mind having a boxer one day.

Welcome to BPO!  ;D

Oh, I love Great Danes too!! I looked into adoption before. There's a rescue in Denver (onlly 4-5 hours from us). THere's also a Boxer rescue there, but they refused to adopt to anyone in an apartment....w hich is a bummer, cuz I'm a SAHM and have plenty of time for one. Brody don't mind much, but I'd still love a place with a big yard :0). That way I can toss the ball and he can RUN. They did just recently open a dog park here in town. Haven't been yet. Will go sometime soon. Anyway, thanks so much for the warm welcome!!
~Elysia~

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 08:49:34 am »
Welcome to BPO.  I'm Mel.  Mommy of 13 month old Giant Schnauzer, Dazy and 4 year old Mini Schnauzer, Ladybug. 

Offline Elysia76

• Gnawer
  • Brody and the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 08:56:44 am »
You all have such cute fur kids!!!  8)...
Thanks for the welcomes!

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 09:16:26 am »
Welcome and enjoy!!  I am Heatherton and I also have a boxer rescue, her name is Daphne (I think she may have some bulldog in her too) also the sweetest thing.  I've only had her for 5 months and she is gradually coming around.  Her previous experiences weren't the greatest.  Just the other day she walked through the kitchen doorway ALL BY HERSELF!!  She has a thing about thresholds so this was a very big deal!!  Anyway, I also have a siamese mix, Stone, who swears the mix is dog.  Welcome again!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Boyle

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 09:47:44 am »
Welcome.  Brody has such a delightful face.  I am Eileen and I have NOLA, 17 month old male mastiff beastie. 

Offline BlackGreatF

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 10:59:57 am »

Kiahpyr

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 11:05:28 am »
Welcome aboard!!! I'm April owned by Kiah a great pyrenees and a mut Kitana. I also have 3 cats and 2 bearded dragons. Glad you joined us!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 01:13:49 pm »
Welcome to the place.  I'm Kat and I live with Cinder and Kaila (Belgian Malinois females) and Shiner (male Malinois X Ridgeback).  Brody is so cute.  I can't wait to see more pics.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Icerotti

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 01:16:33 pm »
Welcome. I am Michelle and am owned by our rotti,vizsla and weimaraner.  I love boxers too. I look forward to seeing more pictures of your baby ;)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 01:16:55 pm by Icerotti »

cricket36580

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 03:36:52 pm »
Welcome to the family!  I'm currently serving 2 danes and a pyr.  I've also got a dane foster that will be going to his forever home in a couple of weeks and 3 that I'm sitting for a friend.  It's insane!  Your baby is beautiful!

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 03:38:36 pm »
Hi! I'm Marissa, mom to Zoey an Alaskan Malamute and Dolly a Saint Bernard. Welcome to the group! I think Boxers are so cute! I hope to have one someday maybe.
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."