Author Topic: Waylon and Willy, my two outlaws  (Read 5306 times)

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • When There's A Will, There's A Way
Waylon and Willy, my two outlaws
« on: June 19, 2006, 09:02:25 pm »
I'm not sure if I've ever shared pictures of my two pittie mixes, Waylone and Willy.  If not, here they are!  

A little history behind them first, though.  When I worked at the humane shelter, they were both brought in around the same time, but in different areas as strays.  Waylon was picked up by animal control, and Willy was a stray that wandered into someone's yard.  Waylon had a severe case of generalized demodex.  He was pink and had very little hair on his body.  While he was in the stray holding area, I had to keep a shirt on him at night so he would stay warm.  Willy also had generalized demodex, but it wasn't as severe.

I fell in love with them and offered to foster them.  I first had to get an area ready so I could quarentiene them from the rest of the dogs for a few days.  I planned on getting them on a particular day, but wasn't able to, so was going to get them the next day or two.  The morning after the day I had planned to get them, I walked into the office and the first thing the then director said to me was "You do know that white bulldog (Waylon) is going down today, don't you?"  She said it in such a condescending tone, she was a horrible director...any way, I told her I would be taking him that day, so he had better not go down.  I grabbed him and Willy and brought them up front to make sure she wasn't around them.  I could go on and on about her, she was a nut job...but I won't.

Anyway, they were both adopted by different people, but returned for different reasons.  I decided I couldn't let them go through that again and I became very attached, so I decided to give them a forever home with me.  

They are great dogs, little trouble makers, but I don't know what I'd do without them.

Willy is the red and white one, Waylon is the white one

Emily and the gang

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Waylon and Willy, my two outlaws
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 09:05:28 pm »
Aww they are gorgoeous boys! Kudos to you for rescue! I absolutely adore pitties.
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 05:39:38 am »
They are beautiful, I have a soft spot for the pitties! Great names, but I think you need to add a Kris and a Johnny to your pittie pack to complete the group  ;)!!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

cricket36580

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 05:47:22 am »
Glad to see you back!  They are beautiful babies.  You've done a wonderful job with them!

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 06:38:57 am »
Your boys certainly look happy!  Thank you for saving them and loving them!

Weedsport, NY

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 08:12:44 am »
You are kind and generous. Thanks for caring!
They are great pups and look so happy!
I too have a soft spot for pitties as I have a dobie/pit girl whom I adore!

« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 08:15:30 am by EllieAndBlu »