Author Topic: Today I am intervjuing potential adopters for puppydoggy  (Read 2714 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Today I am intervjuing potential adopters for puppydoggy
« on: June 12, 2005, 04:41:46 pm »
So It has now been more than 2 weeks, since we picked up puppydoggy. We have had plenty of posters up, several ads in several papers, called all the shelters in the area, called plenty of vets. But noone is claming her.

Today I had an ad out to see if we can find a good home for her. I have had I am sure 25 calls, 20 of them I didnt even bother to have come here to look at her. one sounded okay until I asked what the dog was going to be, a family dog or yard dog or what, and it in a strange way came out, ohh hmmmm welll my brother has a pit and we need another dog. Dont take me wrong I dont mind pits if they are raised the right way, I dont mind pit ownders who care for their dogs, not at all, but this person just sounded way way off, so needless to say, he was not coming over. A lady called and sounded real sweet, until she said I travel a lot, and I asked "ohhhh what kennel do you use" and she said I dont, I make sure the dogs have enough water and food and they are good. Okay so no kidding she wasnt going to get puppydoggy. Then there was a couple with a baby, who sounded real nice, they were going to have it indoor, as a memeber of the family take it for walks and it sounded real good, they came, and NOT ONCE did they pet her, they stood like 10 feet from her and then said, she is okay we take her. Noooooo i dont think so. If you love dogs, if you are really wanting a dog, how can you not sit down and pet it, trying to get to know it, get a feel for how it is????? Whatever they wanted the dog for, it was not to be a family memeber. So she is still here 25 calls later, She is now in the house and she and Galahad is doing their best to drive me crazy.

I am trying real hard to not pull my hair out, but when they earlier today, managed to somehow step on/pull on/get tangled into or whatever they did to my curtains, so the whole thing came down, the curtain, the rod and rod holders with screws and all. I didnt know if I should laugh or cry, but puppydoggy looked sooooooo silly with a piece of the curtain covering her head and hanging down almost to her eyes. But then she took off running around with curtain and rod slinging around and hiting everything in its way. So well I am working on my patent skills here. But I have fallen in love and will not let her go to anyone I am not totally sure will give her a wonderful home, so please all keep your fingers and paws crossed for puppydoggy and send me a thought when I am trying to re-hang my curtain.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Today I am intervjuing potential adopters for puppydoggy
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 05:04:03 pm »
I sure hope that right person or family comes along to take Puppydoggy to his forever home...I had no doubt that you would be very selective in who Puppydoggy goes home with!...I am sure that the right people will come along!

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 06:56:08 pm »
Marit, I think you have found dog number 5!  Seriously whats one more?  You obviously love her and I think you will miss her when she's gone.  I'm so glad you are being selective and screening the potential parents.  I can't believe that couple didn't even pet her!  When I see a dog I get down and snuggle and pet and get all crazy over them!  I wish I could take her sooooo bad!  She so adorable :-*

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 04:16:36 am »
i think puppy dog has found her home already

;D

if the "RIGHT" OWNER  does not come
you are the right owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks