Author Topic: I am adopting a Great Dane in the morning!!!!  (Read 8280 times)

Offline kcurly

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
I am adopting a Great Dane in the morning!!!!
« on: August 04, 2006, 03:41:13 pm »

Hi, I have been lurking for a couple months. Now I have found a Great Dane to Adopt! His name is Axel and he is 19 months old. I also have a 6 mo. old pit bull pup named Riley. Riley is amazingly smart.

doggylover

Re: I am adopting a Great Dane in the morning!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 04:08:51 pm »
OMG I'm SO excited!  Is this the Axel that was in the MommyofSchauze rs thread?  If it is, I'm so happy that we played a small part in you finding him!  If not, YAY for you and Axel anyway!   

Post tons of pics of your new baby!!!!!
:)

Offline kcurly

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 04:41:16 pm »
This Axel contacted me after I posted a "Great Dane Wanted" ad on craigslist. I am in Texas. We are driving 1 1/2 hours to get him. I can't wait.

doggylover

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 04:43:55 pm »
This Axel contacted me after I posted a "Great Dane Wanted" ad on craigslist. I am in Texas. We are driving 1 1/2 hours to get him. I can't wait.
That is wonderful for you.  I bet you don't sleep tonight!
:)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 04:59:27 pm »
Welcome & congrats on your new addition!...I'm Chelle & that is my "Triple Threat" in my avatar...Samso n, Pippin & the little girl who is our rescue we picked up yesterday!...Her name is Sheba & she is 6 months old today!...All 3 are Great Pyrenees...I hope Axel is everything you are dreaming of!...I am looking forward to hearing stories & seeing pics of him & your Pittie boy!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 05:02:15 pm »
Contrats, please post lots of photos ;D
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 05:48:30 pm »
YAYYYYYY!!!  Welcome to BPO!  I am Tessie, mom to a Great Dane, Belladonna, and a cat, Mojo.
Pictures please asap!!!
(I'm even excited!) :D
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Offline cosmosmama

• Big Paw Certified
  • Handsome Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 11:25:37 pm »
Yayyyy for you and Axel!!!  I just adopted Cosmo, a Great Dane.  He is six years old and is the goofiest dog.  I am happy for you both and look forward to pictures soon!!
Krista, Cosmo (Goofus), Sadie (THE BOSS) and Sammie (Sweet Boy)
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
                                                Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2006, 04:54:24 am »
How exciting!  Pictures please!  Congratulation s.
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2006, 07:24:54 am »

Hi, I have been lurking for a couple months. Now I have found a Great Dane to Adopt! His name is Axel and he is 19 months old. I also have a 6 mo. old pit bull pup named Riley. Riley is amazingly smart.

Congratulation s!  Looking forward to pictures of Axel and Riley!  I love pit bulls and coming to love Danes as well!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

cricket36580

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2006, 07:53:02 am »
Yipppeeee!  Congrats!  And welcome out of lurk-dom!

Offline kcurly

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2006, 10:59:43 am »
Well we are home. Axel is a sweet heart. The people I got him from only had him a month, they got him from some girl who had him in an apatment and kept him crated all the time. The 2nd owners kept him outside in the Texas heat! He has a rash all around his neck causing his hair to fall out in small patches. Any thoughts? They were putting Listerine on it? Also he was neutered a couple orf months ago but no one bothered to have the staples removed.

Riley my pittie pup is freaking out. Following Axel constantly and licking his face & jumping on him.

No Pictures yet, we recently moved and some of the parts of the dig. camera are packed.

Axel is a huge lap dog :)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2006, 11:10:17 am »
Well we are home. Axel is a sweet heart. The people I got him from only had him a month, they got him from some girl who had him in an apatment and kept him crated all the time. The 2nd owners kept him outside in the Texas heat! He has a rash all around his neck causing his hair to fall out in small patches. Any thoughts? They were putting Listerine on it? Also he was neutered a couple orf months ago but no one bothered to have the staples removed.

Riley my pittie pup is freaking out. Following Axel constantly and licking his face & jumping on him.

No Pictures yet, we recently moved and some of the parts of the dig. camera are packed.

Well I am certainly glad Axel is with you!...Not sure what to do about the hair around his neck...Your vet should beable to help you there...Also, the staples...OMG!...What is wrong with peole?...They will have to come out ASAP!!...I am surprised the skin hasn't grown around them yet...Anyway, I am glad he is home safe & sound!...I would love to see some pics! :)

doggylover

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2006, 11:44:39 am »

AWWWWW yay for you!  Cant wait to see pics of the happy pup!

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2006, 01:03:36 pm »
Congrats on Axel, I too live in Texas and Jake my GD is certainly not out in this heat during the day- and only out for a little while in the early mornings and late evenings. It would be great to see some pictures.