Author Topic: I am adopting a Great Dane in the morning!!!!  (Read 8172 times)

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: I am adopting a Great Dane in the morning!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2006, 04:11:14 pm »
Yay for Great Danes! Must have pics!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2006, 05:36:57 pm »
I agree.  Take him to a vet.  I've never heard of using Listerine for an irritation or infection.  I would think that it is so harsh that it would make it worse.  He may just need some antibiotics to clear it up.
Can't wait to see the pictures!  Congratulation s! :)
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Offline My Friend Joey

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kuvasz/Pyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2006, 08:55:47 pm »
Wow, I'm glad you have him too...he needs someone to look after him poor thing. He's found a good home.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~Unknown

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2006, 02:32:29 pm »
Hello and welcome to BPO!

I would get him to a vet right away.  Those staples are going to be painful to remove, and I'm sure some are imbedded already.

I've also heard of Listerine being used as a mild aneseptic, although not for hot spots, and I wouldn't normally advise it if you have something better around.  I agree that if you can keep a collar off of him to keep down the irritation, that would be good.

Glad to hear he has a better home and is out of a bad situation.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2006, 02:39:11 pm »
Congrats on getting Axel.  I am in Texas also and while I don't have a dane my dogs only go out in the mornings and evenings right now.  Even on my days off they don't stay out long in the heat of the day. 

I have heard of Listerine being used as an antiseptic.  It's not my first choice but then again if it works then I would probably use it also. 

Welcome to BPO. 

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience