Author Topic: Let me ask you this...Do you feel lucky?....or Samson will you get the door? ( :  (Read 9106 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Thanks Daphne!...& now that you mention it the other Pyr I know that plays "double duty" is out at night too...Darn!...I really want to make this work for everyone!...But you are right...I can try it & see what happens...My inlaws raise the fainting Pygmy goats so if it didn't work out they could go back to them...Back to thinking about it...& oh...the things we do for our dogs is right!...But we are not moving! :P...I think it's enough I am even considering getting them their very own livestock! ;D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 04:56:14 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
I think it's enough I am even considering getting them their very own livestock! Grin

Like we had to get a house on a lake so I could get regularly 'rescued'??!!  Our dogs spoiled???  NOPE!  They are "entitled"!!

Gypsy Jazmine

I think it's enough I am even considering getting them their very own livestock! Grin

Like we had to get a house on a lake so I could get regularly 'rescued'??!!  Our dogs spoiled???  NOPE!  They are "entitled"!!
That is great!..."Entitled"...I love it! ;D I am going to steal that & use it when people tell me I spoil my critters!...In my defense...I didn't have dogs yet when we moved here because if we did we'd have moved directly to the Great Pyrenees Mountains in France where'd we have had a very large sheep herd...Yeah... that's it...& I'd have got myself a Little Bo Peep dress with the shepards hook & everyting & my children would have worn rough burlap clothing & socks made out of sheeep wool that we would have spun ourselves & we would have lived in a crude wood plank shack high on a mountain range...Yeah.. yeah...that's it! ;D

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
We are only 'allowing' them to follow their instincts!  So what if the world has changed and not everybody in your neighborhood keeps sheep/goats/etc?  And that there aren't many sailing ships around so that a Newf can be on the 'poop deck' watching for opportunities to help his/her person?  We'll manufacture that environment; just at our home addresses so they can work!!Q!

Gypsy Jazmine

We are only 'allowing' them to follow their instincts!  So what if the world has changed and not everybody in your neighborhood keeps sheep/goats/etc?  And that there aren't many sailing ships around so that a Newf can be on the 'poop deck' watching for opportunities to help his/her person?  We'll manufacture that environment; just at our home addresses so they can work!!Q!
I love how you think!! ;D I do have the hurdle of convincing City Hall that I should be allowed to have the goats though...We have the room & very few close neighbors but you know how they are( I am looking into poultry too which I don't remember reading as being considered "livestock" in the city code...However, LGD's with poultry opens up a whole other bag of worms that I am not sure I am equipped to handle being a novice...I am still researching.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 01:49:33 am by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
"I think it's enough I am even considering getting them their very own livestock! Grin"  as she start looking for a house outside the city with more land.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 01:48:20 am by DixieSugarBear »
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)