Author Topic: Neopolitan mastiffs  (Read 5898 times)

Offline katega

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Neopolitan mastiffs
« on: June 05, 2006, 03:44:13 pm »
Looking for opinions on haveing 2 neos-both females.  Some say 2 females are okay but not two males and some say total opposite.  Both would be spayed and coming home together?  Opinions please??

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Neopolitan mastiffs
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 03:51:08 pm »
it usually depends on the dog. some dogs may decide they hate each other, and others may be best friends. do they live together now?
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Offline -Molly-

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 11:40:31 am »
I have been doing research on Neos because I want to eventually get one. You have to be careful because they can be best friends or enemies. Usually Neos of the same sex don't do too well together so.....becaref ul. And you should introduce the two and to your other dogs if you have any.
Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 04:28:39 am »
It all depends on the dogs and, more importantly, the owner. Supposedly females are the dominant one in this breed, although you'd never know it based on my Laika. She's the most submissive dog I've ever owned. A friend of mine has her sister, though, and she is very dominant in play time with other dogs.
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret