Author Topic: Weepy eys  (Read 5204 times)

ibenu

Weepy eys
« on: August 05, 2006, 07:42:02 pm »
he has weeping eyes some of the time, Is there something that would be comforting to that> posted on general board looking for what his weight should be at 13 weeks, he is 30 pounds now and we are told by passerbyers that he is small for any three month old mastiff, and references were we can find proper growth??

doggylover

Re: Weepy eys
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 07:44:52 pm »
he has weeping eyes some of the time, Is there something that would be comforting to that> posted on general board looking for what his weight should be at 13 weeks, he is 30 pounds now and we are told by passerbyers that he is small for any three month old mastiff, and references were we can find proper growth??

Do you have a regular vet?  Your puppy is young enough that he should have a vet for his shots and puppy stuff.  Your vet should tell you what weight is appropriate and also be able to look at the eyes. 

rickysmom1

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 04:23:59 am »
I would definitely see a vet about your neo's eyes. Willow's eyes get "weepy" on occasion so our vet has given us an antibiotic creme to use if she has problems. So far her eyes have been clear for a while. Also a great way to to clean the eyes, and I got this tip from a post here on the site (can't remember from who), use a wet tea bag. I used a wet tea bag on Willow about a month or so ago and it cleaned the goop around her eyes so well and she loved the tea. LOL

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 04:44:52 am »
Well, I guess I won't have to suggest the teabags this time :)  We need pictures, though!

Weedsport, NY

rickysmom1

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 09:21:09 am »
Well, I guess I won't have to suggest the teabags this time :)  We need pictures, though!

LOL I now remember that you were the one who suggested tea bags for cleaning the eyes. Thank you for the suggestion. It has worked very well for Willow's eyes.

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 04:24:25 am »
Everyone told us Laika was small for her age too. Then when she hit about four months she had a huge growth spurt and nobody was saying that anymore!!
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

ibenu

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 08:27:32 am »
Our vet has seen him numerous times and his eyes are always good when we go, she says he is great, very healthy. She does not have HUGE amounts of mastiff experience so I thought I would refer to you:)Same for his size, its mastiff owners and or Breeders who have said he is small, were as the vet says hes all great. Just a worried mom perhaps?? Will post pics next next time it happens.