Author Topic: Heartwrenching story about a pyr in need  (Read 12441 times)

Kiahpyr

Heartwrenching story about a pyr in need
« on: August 09, 2006, 09:39:55 am »
I want this pyr so bad! Her story made me cry and I'm so happy that she was rescued and is recovering.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6697763

Kiahpyr

Re: Heartwrenching story about a pyr in need
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 10:00:08 am »
I really wish I could, but hubby may throw me out if I did. :-\ I'm going to inquire about her anyway.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 11:30:58 am »
I heard back from Lady's foster mom and Lady is available for adoption now. Here's some pictures that were taken today. Can anyone please help out this wonderful girl?

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 11:43:16 am »
She is so sweet!  I wish I could but I'd be out on the street like Tajsa!
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 12:10:23 pm »
Oh goodness...tha t story is so sad!! I wish we could afford another dog right now..
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Offline My Friend Joey

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kuvasz/Pyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 01:25:39 pm »
...no words...she is just so beautiful a creature. After her tormented past she needs the most caring family in the world.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~Unknown

Offline cosmosmama

• Big Paw Certified
  • Handsome Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 01:53:12 pm »
no words is right........  Does this senseless cruelty ever have an end? 

I hope that sweet baby finds the perfect home.  It sounds like her rescuers are simply Heaven sent.
Krista, Cosmo (Goofus), Sadie (THE BOSS) and Sammie (Sweet Boy)
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
                                                Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 02:09:58 pm »
That story makes me so sad  :'(

What a horrible person his former owner was  >:(
RIP former BPO

Kiahpyr

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 02:12:55 am »
I have been thinking about Lady all night. I now know that I can't give her the home she deserves. :'( This is partly due to Kiah. I really don't think she'll tolerate another female in the house. She's really coming into her own pyrness.

However I am taking it upon myself to find Lady a wonderful forever home. Please help me out by cross posting her to other boards. Thanks! :)

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 03:13:50 am »
I know I haven't been on here in a very long time, but I have been lurking and saw this post. I read her story and it moved me. In june I lost my beagle Rebel to cancer, and we have all been missing him dearly. I am going to talk to my husband and see what he thinks of her. She so sounds like the perfect dog to fit in with the other two.I'll let you know what he says later.

Offline daisy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 03:32:16 am »
what a sad sad story. I hope this beautiful sweet girl finds a wonderful home!

Offline cosmosmama

• Big Paw Certified
  • Handsome Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 03:43:58 am »
Oh doglover, could you, would you??  She is so deserving of a loving home. 

Tajsa, I am right with you.  Let's find this girl an awesome home! 
Krista, Cosmo (Goofus), Sadie (THE BOSS) and Sammie (Sweet Boy)
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
                                                Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 04:04:59 am »
I just called my husband and read him her story, He did not say no ;). I also emailed the rescue for more information. Even if my husband says yes, I still have to get by my mom sense we are currently live with my parents while we build our new house. I did show her picture to my kids and the loved her. I told them they would have to work on grandma. I am waiting an email back right now. Keep all your paws and fingers crossed and say a prayer. I will keep you updated.

Offline sobe

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 04:36:34 am »
I just checked with mapquest, she's a 30 hour drive away from me. If that wasn't the case, I'd take a drive with my hubby

Kiahpyr

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2006, 05:50:54 am »
I just called my husband and read him her story, He did not say no ;). I also emailed the rescue for more information. Even if my husband says yes, I still have to get by my mom sense we are currently live with my parents while we build our new house. I did show her picture to my kids and the loved her. I told them they would have to work on grandma. I am waiting an email back right now. Keep all your paws and fingers crossed and say a prayer. I will keep you updated.

I'm so excited!!!! I really hope you can give her a wonderful home. She deserves all the attention she can get. Plus if you get her I can see lots of pictures! ;D