Author Topic: Heartwrenching story about a pyr in need  (Read 12457 times)

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Heartwrenching story about a pyr in need
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 06:59:40 am »
Well, I talked to my mom and she said no, then said I was mean because my 4 year old son,James got on the phone and said we really needed lady and Lady needed us. I think we can change her mind. I am going to make her look at her pictures when she gets home.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2006, 09:39:05 am »
I am absolutly SICK!...How sad!...I am about at a loss for words in my heartache & disgust over what happened for this beautiful soul!...I am sure she will have a happy ending because she deserves it!

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2006, 09:40:11 am »
Update! My husband said YES! ;D, I have filled out and sent the application, now all I have to do is get my mom to say yes.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2006, 09:44:17 am »
Update! My husband said YES! ;D, I have filled out and sent the application, now all I have to do is get my mom to say yes.

YAY! I really hope she will. Lady sounds like a wonderful dog. I just got an email from the foster mom who said Lady is submissive and a sweatheart. Now you know if this works out for you I'm going to need lots of updates and pics. :)

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2006, 09:47:05 am »
i do know if I don't get her there has been 4 other inquires(sp) about her today. So ahe will go to a good home, if it isn't mine, but everything she has told me makes her sound perfect for our house, and I think it will help mend my broken heart a little bit, if not mine then at least my kids.

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2006, 10:02:01 am »
they just called my vet so they are already processing my application :D

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2006, 10:18:13 am »
I hope you get her!!  I've got all my fingers and toes crosses that everything comes together for you.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2006, 12:50:13 pm »
YAY! Crossing limbs and digits (and paws) here in Nova Scotia for you and Lady as well! Sounds like you'd be an awesome family for her!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2006, 05:58:12 pm »
Well, I have bad news, my mom said no :'(. And now I am heart broken. I really think that Lady would fit in with our family perfectly and we have so much love to give. I will be talking to the rescue tomorrow and see if something can't be arranged until our house is finished, which is looking like it won't be til december. I really hope that everything works out. Even my husband has fallen in love with her. I just keep looking into her eyes and I know she is my dog, but it may not end up being. :'( I even broke now in tears tonight at the thought of not adding her to our family.

Offline My Friend Joey

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kuvasz/Pyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2006, 06:08:51 pm »
I'm sorry. Maybe things will work out yet. She is such a dear sweet thing. It just broke my heart to read her story. It's hard to imagine that people can be so cruel, and then there are people like you, that will try your hardest to extend yourself to help. The world needs more kind people. If I could, I would rescue every dog that needed rescuing. God Bless all creatures great and small. It would be an empty world without them.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~Unknown

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2006, 12:34:08 am »
So good to see you back!

So sorry that this may not work out. Anyway to change your mother's mind, bribery?

If not then don't worry, once you move we, members of the board will help you find the perfect addition!

Deena

Kiahpyr

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2006, 02:19:55 am »
I'm sorry Jenn. Don't give up! I've cried over Lady too. :'(

Just to let you all know I did get an email from someone on my pyr board that they are inquiring about her. The only thing that matters is that Lady finds the pyrfect home she deserves.

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2006, 04:19:50 am »
I actually have a plan, I am going to talk to my Dad. I really don't see what their problem with it is, we moved in with 3 dogs so it is not like we are going up to 4, we are keeping the number at 3. I will try. But first I have to find my cellphone, which I lost, and there is no other phone in the house. I'll let you know how it goes. I still want her to jion our family so bad. Because of not finding my phone I have not been able to call the rescue either.

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2006, 04:46:05 am »
Good news sort of, I had my husband, Jerry, call my Dad and talk to him, and he said my Dad said he would think about it. So I need all your prayers so I can give Lady her forever home. My Dad is on the road right now so showing him her picture, which would have worked on him, he can be such a sucker,isn't an option right now. Now I have gotten my hopes up again.

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2006, 07:20:11 am »
My Dad called me to get more information about Lady, and said he would talk to my Mom and call and let me know.