Author Topic: Heartwrenching story about a pyr in need  (Read 12456 times)

Kiahpyr

Re: Heartwrenching story about a pyr in need
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2006, 07:23:22 am »
WOOHOO!! Go Dad!!!

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2006, 02:34:33 pm »
my Mom said she would think about it and let me know. :)

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2006, 06:22:24 am »
Well, my Mom agreed to it. But my husband and I sat down last night to make a final decsion (sp?). We do have some concerns and sense we are not able to me her before hand we have decide not to adopt her at this time. If she is still up for adoption when we move into our new house then we will adpot her. It is my parents dogs we have the realy concern about sense one of them likes to growl and snap at everyone. I want Lady to have a great home and I am heartbroken over it. If it is ment to be she will still be their when the time would be right. I am sorry to disappoint youall. But I do know that she has had 4 other poeple interested in her.

Offline My Friend Joey

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kuvasz/Pyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2006, 08:41:05 am »
Dont' worry, I'm sure someone will step forward to take Lady. She is such a beautiful dog. There are lots of caring people out there. Bless your heart for wanting to help so much.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~Unknown

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2006, 11:09:40 am »
Well, my Mom agreed to it. But my husband and I sat down last night to make a final decsion (sp?). We do have some concerns and sense we are not able to me her before hand we have decide not to adopt her at this time. If she is still up for adoption when we move into our new house then we will adpot her. It is my parents dogs we have the realy concern about sense one of them likes to growl and snap at everyone. I want Lady to have a great home and I am heartbroken over it. If it is ment to be she will still be their when the time would be right. I am sorry to disappoint youall. But I do know that she has had 4 other poeple interested in her.
Lady is in a safe place & someone will adopt her so don't worry about that!...I am sure she will get a very special home regardless of who it is with. :)
Also, NEVER worry about disappointing other people when it comes to life's desisions such as adopting a dog!...It is all about you & the dog & that's the only thing that matters in the equation!

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2006, 02:36:42 pm »
Thank you for your supportive responses. I'm actually very torn up over it. I had to stop looking at her picture. I wanted to see if other dogs would give me that feeling, so I went and looked on petfinder for atleast 1 1/2 hours and nothing. But I have to say in the end it was my decision. I am now wondering if I'm making a mistake and should adopt her. 

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2006, 01:33:48 pm »
We are behind you with the decision you choose to make, maybe call the rescue and see if you can sponsor her until your house is built and maybe you and your family can visit with her until then.

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2006, 04:53:45 am »
Thank you all for your support again. We have still been talking about it and we have decide that even if she is still has not been adopted when our house is finished that we will not be adopting her. We are concerned with the fact that for the first year of her life she was not around people. We have never owned this breed before and with suck deglect we are concerned for our young children. For what I have read about the breed it says they need to grow up with kids. We have decided to look at other breeds and are thinking about a Newfounfland, they seem really great with children. So I am now on a search for information on Newfoundlands.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2006, 10:39:51 am »
I just got another email saying that Lady still hasn't been adopted. :( :'(

Come on bpo please email all your doggy friends and family. You never know!