Author Topic: A poem I wrote...  (Read 5887 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

A poem I wrote...
« on: June 13, 2005, 11:33:24 pm »
HIDE & SEEK IN TIME'S SHADOW
there is a path of dissaray
that children leave behind
a trail of toys not put away
of thingsthey cannot find
spills & spots & stains
so magicly appear
like muddy footprints
when it rains
 & "no ones" been in here
these are the growing pains
that mom & dad must share
'till they vanish
like the stains
 time fades
no longer there
then in combined solitude
everythings in it's place
but lost somewhere in time's shadow
is childhood's smiling face.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 10:32:25 am by GYPSY JAZMINE »

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Re: A poem I wrote...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 11:51:23 pm »
Love it!  Please share more when you can.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 11:55:33 pm »
I have probably 250 more poems but I rarely share...The mood just struck me tonight. :-*

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 12:00:58 am »
Hey, if you ever feel like sharing more of your work you can always send a message to me.  I used to belong to a creative writing group, but they've disbanded.  Sometimes I have stuff to share and no one to helpt with it.  How about you?
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Jen

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 08:37:11 am »
OH that is so good :D  AND SO TRUE!  I want a copy to hang it in my hallway were all the dirty little finger prints have magically appeared!  On better yet in the foyer to greet all who enter our home!  Great writing, keep it coming! :-*

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 10:38:11 am »
Thanks guys!...I wrote that when I was pregnant with my 1st child...It is one of my favorites!...Jen, feel free to put it in your foyer..I do ask that you add my name to the bottom though as my writing is extremely important to me...My full name is Michelle Kay...(spelled Kay but pronounced Ki)...Moonlit, I would love to see some of your writing!...Just e-mail me here at the group so I am sure to get it...I don't always check my hotmail...I am here too much....lol... I haven't written anything decent in a few years...Childr en seem to suck the creative energy right out of one...lol...Th ey are getting older though & take alot less of my time than they did when they were babies so I should sit down with pen & paper one of these days & see if I still "got it"...lol!

Jen

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 11:35:00 am »
Hey thanks, I will certainly give credit were credit is due!  You should look into getting you work published.

Jen

Thanks guys!...I wrote that when I was pregnant with my 1st child...It is one of my favorites!...Jen, feel free to put it in your foyer..I do ask that you add my name to the bottom though as my writing is extremely important to me...My full name is Michelle Kay...(spelled Kay but pronounced Ki)...Moonlit, I would love to see some of your writing!...Just e-mail me here at the group so I am sure to get it...I don't always check my hotmail...I am here too much....lol... I haven't written anything decent in a few years...Childr en seem to suck the creative energy right out of one...lol...Th ey are getting older though & take alot less of my time than they did when they were babies so I should sit down with pen & paper one of these days & see if I still "got it"...lol!

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2005, 09:20:24 am »
We are revamping our writer's group and, while I do not profess to enjoy writing poetry often, or claim I am any dang good at it, here goes the one I wrote for the meeting.  I had writer's block and sat here for hours, literally.

"Venerable Potion"
I removed the cap
Not knowing what was inside
At first I wasn’t sure
But then began to wonder ---
As sweet liquid glazed my tongue:
Flowers grew on hardened stalks
Reaching for my heavy heart
And out of the dank, din tune of reality
Crept an unexpected dream
Of mountain peaks brushed with snow,
Steaming rivers ever clear ---
Mounds of grass upon the shores
Where bee stings feel like ecstasy
---Pulse-quick poison to arouse.
A myriad of writhing plants
Reach out like desperate hands.
With time I come to realize
It’s not a lucid potion
Soothing, yet exciting within one breath,
But words I’m hearing
Pristine genius flowing free
That turns my senses on.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 09:25:12 am »
Wow!...That is intense & so eloquent!...I love your style of writing!

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 09:32:28 am »
Gypsy
My hair stood on end when I read your poem.I had a tear in my eye.  :'(  I love it and would love to put it up in my house too. Ill definately put your name on it if you dont mind me putting it up? I would love to read more of your poems.
Moon
Your poem is very good. Make sure you guys share more.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005, 01:11:34 pm »
Feel free to Coonie!...It is one of my favorite poems that I have written...I think Robert Frost is my very favorite poet...I will post more when I am in the mood. :)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2005, 05:40:06 pm »
Wow!...That is intense & so eloquent!...I love your style of writing!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  ;)