Author Topic: Oh, thank GOODNESS!  (Read 14255 times)

Nicole

Oh, thank GOODNESS!
« on: June 14, 2005, 06:36:32 am »
Phew! We're all back. I was really needing to talk about something, and I couldn't get on!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. Well, now that we're all back....I just want to tell you all something. The lady that I'm DYING to get a puppy from...Rhoda Lerman of Blue Heaven Newfs....is going to have not just ONE, but TWO litters of Landseers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it! I'm so totally excited and REALLY sad cuz I just can't afford one right now! I want a little (ha...little!  ::)) Landseer girl SOOOOOOOO bad!!!!

I found out last night that Rhoda's having puppies and I seriously....S ERIOUSLY dreamed about Landseer babies all night!!! It makes me wanna cry that I can't buy one right now!!!!!!!!  I couldn't wait to get up and tell you all about it....cuz I knew you would understand. My boyfriend is like, "No big deal, babe. We'll just buy one from the next litter..." I'm like, "NO! I've been WAITING for one of her pups, and now I"m totally broke!!!!" He doesn't quite understand...w ell, he does, but he's not feelin' the pain like I am right now!!!

Rhoda is sort of the reason I'm even a member here. I mean....I read her book and just became OBSESSED with having one of her puppies. In the process of reading about her and her Newfs, I stumbled across this site. And, I think that the first thing I ever posted was a question to all of you to see if anyone knew her! And, lo-and-behold, Newflvr has one of her pups!!!!!!!!! (Cowboy)

Anyway, I'm going to go cry in my coffee now.....

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Oh, thank GOODNESS!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 07:21:40 am »
Well, I say collect cans and count your pennies!  Thats probably not the smart thing to do when you're broke, but I'm a big fan of instant gratification and I never wait until I can afford it!  I know exactly how you feel about it, though.  I really want a new pup right now too and we are trying to figure out our new budget now that I'm not working and everything.  I keep thinking a new pup would put some much needed life back onto Leo and I can just smell the puppy breath now!  Good Luck and if you should happen to crack, please post lots of pics!

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 07:30:21 am »
I feel ya sister.My husband was dead set about getting a dog.He had one all his life.How selfish is that ?Anyway I had to have a saint.During xmas I worked 60 hours a week during december and kept everything hush.I bought the puppy home xmas eve.I can say he wasnt happy.But Spotakiss is now his best bud.Im not saying try that at home but the way I thought about it shouldnt he say its ok if he knows it would make you happy?;D

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 10:45:55 am »
Maybe if you call he you can work out a payment plan or even trade services for a pup. Just an idea. Good luck on the Landseer pup.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 03:35:55 pm »
hehehe! I'm sure that my boyfriend wouldn't be mad if I brought home a Landseer pup...just about the expense. But, that's a good idea, Jamie. Maybe I'll just call Rhoda up and see what she's willing to do.

NSaint--I'm ALL ABOUT INSTANT GRATIFICATION. I've been anticipating the litter...not quite so soon...so I got TWO jobs!! hahha! But, I just started them both this week. So, no moolah flowin' in quite yet. But, the dogs were just bred on the 9th, so, I've got some time. And, one of my jobs is at a nice yacht club in a resort community, so that has the potential to bring in some dough.

I'll let ya'll know!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 11:44:49 pm »
Yeah! I am so happy that you are gonna get your puppy! Yeah!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 12:26:28 am »
I think Jaimies suggestion is great. I know that quite a few breeders of the more expensive breeds, are willing to make a payment plan, since they are aware of that it is quite a bit of money to come up with all at once.

I know exactly how you feel though, when I have made my mind up that I want something, I wanted it yesterday..... .. I hate having to wait. So to just say "ohhhh well, lets wait until next litter" that is sooooooo not me. I am such a baby in situations like that, I can end up crying and acting like my whole world is falling apart hehe

I will keep my fingers crossed and have all my dogs to cross their paws too, Good Luck

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 02:15:51 am »
Awwwwwwwwwwwww ...........Mar it..........I'm glad you understand!!!!!!! Of course, I knew everyone here would understand. heheh! That's why I posted! I'm going to e-mail Rhoda and see what she says!

Jen

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 11:02:38 am »
I feel your painful budget!!!!!!!!  Oh what I had to do to get my Newfie!  I started my search for my newf sooooooo long before I got her.  And THOSE DREAMS!!!! I had newfie dreams every night for months!!!! I had to take out a personal loan from the bank to get her and that had to be after I made an agreement with my husband that this was my birthday, anniversary, Mother's day and Christmas presents wrapped up for the next 2 years!!!!!!! Easy DEAL! ;D

Jen

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 11:08:19 am »
OH and I forgot to mention a few other marrital favors!!! :-*  We laugh about it now because most of the time we are stepping over a snoozing, snorring, grooling Newfie and he says "I would have bought you a beautiful rug, no problem!" :D  I wouldn't trade her for the world!

I feel your painful budget!!!!!!!!  Oh what I had to do to get my Newfie!  I started my search for my newf sooooooo long before I got her.  And THOSE DREAMS!!!! I had newfie dreams every night for months!!!! I had to take out a personal loan from the bank to get her and that had to be after I made an agreement with my husband that this was my birthday, anniversary, Mother's day and Christmas presents wrapped up for the next 2 years!!!!!!! Easy DEAL! ;D

Nicole

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 11:11:14 am »
HAHAHAHAHA!!! Jen! How funny! That's why I love this place! You guys know EXACTLY how I feel! A personal loan? Wow....I hadn't thought of that...hehehe! My boyfriend would absolutely KILL me if I did that. Now...those OTHER favors you mentioned...he hehe....he's a sucker for those! (As if all guys aren't)

So, if you don't mind me asking, how much was your Newfie? I'm afraid to ask Rhoda....stick er shock, I guess. She's got GREAT dogs, and I really want one of her pups. So, I'll ease my way into it by asking you first!

Jen

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005, 12:06:03 pm »
We adopted Sasha at 5 years old, she is a CH but her uterus was damaged in her last litter so the breeder didn't need her any more so she was a steel at 800.00  She is from The Dryad Line, Mary Drurey was her origanal owner, she and her sister have written many books about Newfie's, also her owner was a big wig leader of the AKC before she passed away and the Dryad Line is one of the oldest and most respected linage.  My girl was the LAST female of the line!!!!!THE END OF THE LINE! Her fancy name is "DAME DRYAD"S LADY ELSA"  I call her SASHA MAMA.  I am sure her puppies went for over 2000.00 depending on the restrictions of the registrations.   But her line is UNBELEIVEBLE.. ..CH all the way back on both sides and major national and world events too.  SO we are talking big bucks for pups and a waiting list a mile long.  It's funny cause with all that JAZZ she is just a fluffy rug named SASHA MAMA

Nicole

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005, 12:22:33 pm »
EastJenn-Awwwwwwwww!!! Beautiful, beautiful pup!

I know I'm just going to have to count pennies and save....I didn't expect there to be a litter so soon, so I thought I'd have more time to get a deposit saved up! Ah, well. I know that when I can do it, I'll have my Landseer girl. (I've already named her and everything!)

Jen-Awesome that you got such an incredible dog! You're right, its so funny that she's just a hairy rug! hehehe! But, a hairy rug that you love a whole lot! Do you know Rhoda Lerman's dogs? Blue Heaven Kennels?

Jen

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 12:26:01 pm »
GREAT PICTURE!  He looks like a Prince.  Is he from CH line?  Are plannig on showing? UMMMMMMM Gram Crakers I am hungry!

Jen

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 12:33:10 pm »
Do they have a web site?  I met sooooooooooooo many people before going for my girl.  I would recognize them by pics on web site or book covers.  Can you post the web site address?

EastJenn-Awwwwwwwww!!! Beautiful, beautiful pup!

I know I'm just going to have to count pennies and save....I didn't expect there to be a litter so soon, so I thought I'd have more time to get a deposit saved up! Ah, well. I know that when I can do it, I'll have my Landseer girl. (I've already named her and everything!)

Jen-Awesome that you got such an incredible dog! You're right, its so funny that she's just a hairy rug! hehehe! But, a hairy rug that you love a whole lot! Do you know Rhoda Lerman's dogs? Blue Heaven Kennels?