Author Topic: Last night was aweful!  (Read 5722 times)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
Re: Last night was aweful!
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2006, 06:04:35 am »
Oh, my!  So glad she's ok!  I can't even imagine how horrible that must have been, and then to have to sit in the ER and worry for 3 hrs on top of it!  Hope that she is done with her childhood "mom scare" once and for all.
Daphne

SA_horses

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2006, 06:09:08 am »
I am glad to hear that she'll be okay.  I don't think words can adequately express...

Sofia

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2006, 05:15:00 pm »
OMG, I am so sorry for you and your little girl. I am glad she is ok, make sure she gets an extra special toy this week.

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline BellaRoosMom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2006, 07:52:36 pm »
OMG, I am soooo glad that everything is now okay.  The worst part seemed to be when calling for help and nobody could hear...and waiting in the ER for 3 hours when you had a potentially more serious problem than the bikers.  Give her big kisses and hugs from us.

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2006, 02:59:26 am »
OMG, I am soooo glad that everything is now okay.  The worst part seemed to be when calling for help and nobody could hear...and waiting in the ER for 3 hours when you had a potentially more serious problem than the bikers.  Give her big kisses and hugs from us.

Yes! I think the calling for someone and no one could here was about my worst nightmare! I had screamed so loudly , my throat hurt the next day ....  :-[ But thank God is she completely recovered . Back to getting into trouble again . Just not by the stairs !
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2006, 04:27:42 am »
Just getting back from a few days away and I have to say my heart was in my throat and my eyes are welled up with tears after reading the original post.  How scared and helpless you must have felt.  I can't even imagine...  Then to have to wait behind mostly irresponisble ER cases had to be SO frustrating and scary for you when it was your baby that needed help.  I am truly relieved to hear all ended up as well as it did.  God Bless little Izzy! :-*  (Target has a Pooh Bear Ice Pack for about $10 that might do some good.) 
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2006, 04:41:54 am »
I too have been away for a few days and just read your post.  How awful for you and your family.  Thank G_D she is OK.  When I was reading your story my eyes were welling up I am so glad she is better.

When I was pregnant with my son (Who is 14 years old now) I wanted to take a CPR & first aid class, well I just took it this past Thursday 14 years later but still good to know.  I highly recommend everyone take one.  You just never know when you will need to know CPR, the heimlich move, or how to use a defibrilator.

Again, thankfully your beautiful daughter will be fine.

Randy

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2006, 12:10:03 pm »
Just getting back from a few days away and I have to say my heart was in my throat and my eyes are welled up with tears after reading the original post.  How scared and helpless you must have felt.  I can't even imagine...  Then to have to wait behind mostly irresponisble ER cases had to be SO frustrating and scary for you when it was your baby that needed help.  I am truly relieved to hear all ended up as well as it did.  God Bless little Izzy! :-*  (Target has a Pooh Bear Ice Pack for about $10 that might do some good.) 

I wondered why I hadn't seen any posts from you lately ! Thanks for the heads up on the Pooh Bear Ice pack , I'm going to have to go get it , I'm a Pooh fanatic  ;)
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Icerotti

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2006, 12:23:03 pm »
I was away too and am just seeing this for this first time. What an awful experience.  I am so glad to hear you sweet little girl is ok. I can't believe that you had to wait for 3 hours.....it must have seemed like an eternity. What a scare for you to have to go through. wishing her a speedy recovery from all the bumps and bruises. :-*

Lexi fell down the stairs once, nothing compared to what happened to your poor daughter. She was about three steps up  and I was bending over tying my shoe all of a sudden I felt a "whomp" on my head and back. She had lost her balance and fell forward...luck ily mommy broke her fall ::) She was about 2 at the time .