Author Topic: Pee...too excited  (Read 3655 times)

Offline ptkennel

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Prairie Trail Kennel
Pee...too excited
« on: August 14, 2006, 02:20:57 pm »
My rotti that is 18 months old has tendancies to pee when you talk to him, look at him, touch him.
We have been very good at trying to let him out before any of this happens but sometimes you can talk to him and put your hand on his head and squirt there he goes again. 
When we get company, we have to make sure they talk to him outside or he squirts on their feet. 
Does he have a week bladder, nervous bladder, what????
Can it be corrected?
It drives me nuts, you can't really play and get him all excited or squirt.  We do most of our playing in the yard so he can whiz all over, but watch the feet.
Even our Newfie has been whizzed on, when she could walk under him he would pee on her if he got excited.
HELP... ???
Joy, Newfoundland
Gabi, Newfoundland
Amy, Irish Wolfhound
Sara, Irish Wolfhound
Gintaro, Irish Wolfhound (from Poland)
Desa, our Borzoi
4 Irish Wolfhound puppies, Saturn, Gemini, Delta and Mercury
www.prairietra ilkennel.com

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Pee...too excited
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 03:28:30 pm »
My dog Zoey used to do that when she about 7-8 months old, but she has stopped, quite awhile ago. Perhaps he'll just outgrow it, at least Zoey did! I hope he does. Sorry I don't know how to help!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
Re: Pee...too excited
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 04:06:19 pm »
Mowglie (border collie mix) used to do that all the time.  We tried to keep greetings low-key and ignore him until he was calm.  You usually see it in young pups because their baby muscles can't hold it when they get to excited, it seems kinda strange to me to see that in an 18mo old dog.

Either Mowglie grew out of it , or his increased confidence (via obedience training) helped him overcome it.  There is no way to know which factor did him the most good, but either way we don't see that any more. 

If all else fails you may want to consider a vet visit to rule out any urinary complications such as UTI, I would think that could possibly cause excessive peeing.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”