Author Topic: It's been a while since I posted last about Maggie  (Read 5523 times)

Offline Sadenna_And Zoo

• Gnawer
  • My husband and my animals are my life...
    • View Profile
    • My photo Bucket Album
It's been a while since I posted last about Maggie
« on: August 16, 2006, 01:47:27 pm »
Maggie is now about 5 months old and is doing great, she is doing well with commands and we checked out several places locally for obediance and found one we really liked now it's just a matter of getting her enrolled.

She sits, lays down not only by voice command but also hand signals which I have been working with here at home..she is still has  hard time with stay but is working on it and latley I have been teaching her to turn around via voice command and hand signal she  is doing great and very very smart. 

We just love her and everywhere we go people question her docked tail all they see is black lab and wonder why the short tail till we explain she is part Rottie and her tail was already docked when we got her..even then they get a funn look on their face..me and hubby we can see the rottie in her by the way she walks and moves even though she has no color traits of the rottie. We have taken her several places the longest so far was up to my moms which is about an hour and a half from us she did great in the car, we have had a few local street fair type things that we have taken her to and she does great in public very polite.

I have some new pictures I just have to get them all dowloaded in my photo album to share.

I also have one quick question can anyone suggest any good places or site that make tough durable toys for large dogs...we have a tire toy, a couple knong toys and this one that is made of some kind of canvas material that is suppose to be very durable it is bright orange and looks like a football can't remember the name since maggie chewed the label off but so far has not destroyed it.
I am proud slave to:

Dolittle (7years old-Male):
Black Lab/Chow/Daschund Mix

Tibet:(6 years old -Female):
 Lhasa Apso

Maggie:(5 Month old Female):
  Black Lab/Rottweiler mix

Other Pets:

4 Cats
9 birds
3 Snakes
3 Lizards

Offline gr8brts

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: It's been a while since I posted last about Maggie
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 01:48:54 am »
I've used toys from Helping Udders http://www.helpingudders.com/Shop.htm

But- the ones I've gotten (tugs) were toys to play WITH the dog, not really to let the dog entertain itself. They have lasted though and my dogs tend to either rip toys to shreds or savor them for years.

Anna

Offline Sadenna_And Zoo

• Gnawer
  • My husband and my animals are my life...
    • View Profile
    • My photo Bucket Album
Re: It's been a while since I posted last about Maggie
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 04:21:59 am »
We always take the plastic loop off the toys that they are hung with , this one particular toy did not come with a plastic loop..just itty bitty material tag that is sewin onto the toy..and normall she does not mess with them so I never thought twice about till a friend wanted to know the brand name and I want to look and it was gone that was the first time that had happened....

I am trying to find some good self entertaining toys as well we have plenty of tug toys and interaction toys...I thought about some of those puzzle type toys I saw one that looks like hollow log and has small stuff animal squirels you put the squirrels in the log and the dog has to figure out how to get them out..only problem I see with that toy is the stuffed animal toys for dogs maggies rips them open in not time and stuffing everywhere..sh e is no longer allowed to have anymore as they don't even last a day.  I need to find some good toys that are really going to stand up to her abuse...lol
I am proud slave to:

Dolittle (7years old-Male):
Black Lab/Chow/Daschund Mix

Tibet:(6 years old -Female):
 Lhasa Apso

Maggie:(5 Month old Female):
  Black Lab/Rottweiler mix

Other Pets:

4 Cats
9 birds
3 Snakes
3 Lizards