Author Topic: a taste of his heritage...  (Read 2399 times)

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
a taste of his heritage...
« on: August 16, 2006, 11:23:50 pm »
This Saturday myself and Angus are heading out for some cod jigging. Angus will get to experience the ocean spray!! I hope he doesn't jump over the side of the boat, I think I'll have to tie him on  :D. Here is the boat we are going on

it's just a weeee little boat. Should be fun for us, we're heading out 4:30 am sharp, I guess the fishermen are going easy on us by going out later than usual!! I'm thinking about taking my camera, if I do I should have some good pictures.

Offline ozzysma

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: a taste of his heritage...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 01:53:54 am »
oh pictures definately.  my husband is a newfie and its been 4 years since we were there. i love looking at pictures, it makes me feel homesick and im not even from there. i love newfoundland.  hopefully we can get there nest summer and bring ozzy.  patti

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 03:39:40 am »
Oh, you'll have a grand time! We take our Newfs out in our boat all the time (in a lake though....) and they do great!  Cowboy just stretches out and relaxes and Chester paces and watches for fish attacks!!  (You know those lake trout!  Vicious  ::) ::) ::)).  Please do take pics!  I can't wait to see them!

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 06:52:11 am »
Cod Jigging with Angus...should be an adventure! Pictures please. I was last jigging years ago with my uncles. Thought of it made me sad as well...have not able to make the trip to see family yet this year -- hopefully Christmas or next summer.

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 02:19:38 pm »
Sounds like fun! I know we'll all love the pics!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."