Author Topic: PUPPYDOGGY HAS GONE "HOME"  (Read 3615 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
PUPPYDOGGY HAS GONE "HOME"
« on: June 15, 2005, 11:48:03 pm »
A lot of you know that about 3 weeks ago we found a dog in the middle of the road on the way home from a baseball game. I have tried all the ways I could think of to find her owners. Have put up plenty of posters, had several ads in the papers, called all the shelters and lots of vets in the area. I know that if the owner wanted to get her back, they would have found her. there is no way if they were looking they could have missed all the ads and soforth.

So after 2 and a half weeks I put an ad in to see if I could find her a home. We had I am sure 35-40 calls, but man....... so many people were total nuts. Some were looking for a yard dog, and I told them that "puppydoggy" (we called her that) was an escape artist, she has dug under the fence, jumped over a dog pen I have inside my fenced in back yard, climbed over. So she would not make a good yard dog, and she was very very comfy inside and a happy dog, when with a family and got to go out for walks and out in the yard playing under supervision. I had one guy who said. "Ohhhhh he.. I will take that out of her in no time" and he didnt sound nice let me tell you, do I need to tell you that she was not going with him hehe. I had people who asked if she would be very very big and if it possibly were pit in her. When I said she was the sweetest thing ever they lost interest real fast. I had people who came to look at her, and stood 10 feet away from her and never petted her, never even touched her and then said that yes they would like to bring her home. noooooo i dont think so.

Anyway after a lot of strange people, we had a family here yesterday. They were here for a couple of hours, the dad is a teacher and the mom is some kind of manager for a home for mentally challanged people, they have a 10 year old daughter. The girl and puppydoggy sat and snuggled the whole time they were here.They seemed very very eager to learn as much as possible about what they should do and expect now when they brought her home, had a long talk to the daughter about the commitment a dog is and how important it is to always put the dogs needs first. They decided to bring her home, and was all excited about going to petsmart on the way home to buy her all the things she needed. They live not too far away from me, and said they will call every week to let us know how she is (that may not happen, but at least they know I will call hehe) They will also bring her to me, when they need a babysitter when they go out of town.

It is sad and I will miss her, even though we didnt have her here for long. Both Malin and Jennifer cried when she left, but with all the animals we have, I am sure she will get more attention there and she has her very own little girl to love and who will love all over her.

So a happy ending for puppydoggy

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: PUPPYDOGGY HAS GONE "HOME"
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 11:52:39 pm »
Congratulation s to puppy dog! What did they decide to name puppydog? Even though you are sad to have given the baby away, at least you can rest assured that the dog has gone to a good home and that you will be close to him.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 12:11:30 am »
Yes I know, and with all the dogs I already have, in all honesty I think she is better off with that family with a girl all to her self. They still are thinking about a name, I am calling them tomorrow to see how things are going, now when puppydoggy has had a couple of days to settle in. Maybe they have named her by then. Ill tell you all when I know.

Marit

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 10:28:52 am »
Marit with the cute voice..lol...Y our post literally sent chills through me!...I love happy endings! ;D

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 10:37:36 am »
What you did was so wonderful - so much more than the average person would do. I congratulate you on being so picky about where she ended up. Puppydoggy is a lucky dog indeed to have stumbled across you.

I can't believe some of the idiots who are so obvious about their intentions to mistreat a dog!!  If I was there I'd give you a big hug for doing so much for this lost soul. I wish there were more people out there like you.

At least I know that everyone on this list is a kindred spirit. I find so much comfort in coming to this site because everyone is just like me!!

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

dohertyswissy

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 09:34:58 am »
Oh, Marit, Yahoo!  I've got tears of joy in my eyes reading this!!  I love a happy ending!  Congratulation s on doing such a wonderful job in taking care of puppydog and finding her a good home.  Please keep us posted! 

Heather

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2005, 08:37:22 pm »
So, have you heard anything about Puppydoggy?  Keep us posted on her!!!!!!!  Don't forget, k?

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2005, 11:46:40 pm »
Yes I have spoke to them a couple of times,just quickies though. But everything seems to be fine, We have had tons to do the last couple of days here, Jennifers birthday and we are doing the very last on the house we rent out before it can be rented again. AND my belly had the bad taste of being way upset, and crampy, I almost thought I was heading toward a stomachflue, I spent a few hours in bed feeling sorry formyself. I told hubby we really need to sign up for the digital phone and highspeed through the cable and then I can have the puter wireless hahahahaha Ill be sick all day long, and bring the laptop in bed with me. As it was not I was in there wondering about how much fun you all had on here.

I will try and call them, not sure tomorrow, since fathers day and they may be busy, but at least monday, and see if they have been to vet and if they have named her yet.

Marit